Ceramics and their designs

webby

May 18, 2013
Uranus
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Like the title says, I've got some ceramics I've found that have interesting designs on them and was wondering if I could get some help identifying any of them or just getting a name of the design style. Before anyone asks, there are no markings/stamps/identifying features other than the designs on any of these pieces. The last ones just a cool metallic glazed earthenware something.
Have at it!
IMAG1349.jpg IMAG1350.jpg IMAG1351.jpg IMAG1352.jpg IMAG1013.jpg

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice, I have read the early settlers used dishes like these. You should have a makers mark on the bottom. My fragments I have found was not complete enough to id mine. Good luck.

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
The fourth photo is a banded ware from England. I recovered and rebuilt a soup bowl to 85% which I dug from a dump at an 1850's Florida Seminole War fort site. I saw a similar soup bowl in an Ohio antique shop. Even with a crack on the inside bottom, the price tag on it was $375.00, and that was 15-20 years ago. I will attach a photo of bowl when I can download it from my files later.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions