Woman Key

NC_Bob

Mar 9, 2007
WNC
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
Admiral de Salee said:
I'm still looking for the website with the fantastic images of all the sunken warships in Scapa Flow. Here's a link to a site having a few images of HMS Royal Oak, showing what modern sonar can do:
http://www.hmsroyaloak.co.uk/survey.html

Admiral,

The sidescan thread in the diving, marine, and salvage section was started with a link to divernet that has some info.

http://www.divernet.com/cgi-bin/articles.pl?id=5561&section=1&action=display&show

- was that what you were looking for?

cephalopoder

Greenie
Nov 25, 2006
One thing I notice allot about the DPBM weblog is there is a group of 4 or 5 so called true blue bloggers that slam any one that so much as even questions Wilfs moves. I am starting to wonder if the true blue bloggers actually work for deep blue and put on a show to defend their actions.

Rustys Mate

Apr 10, 2007
Philadelphia
Many True Blue Bloggers have a lot of money invested and any negative posts drive away potential investors. I think they are just protecting their own investments.

cephalopoder

Greenie
Nov 25, 2006
Protecting your investment is one thing but even other people out there that have been stock holders for a long time in dpbm for a long time get slammed when they raise questions.
I have seen many posts that say after seeing how the true blue bloggers slam people who question whats going on, loose intrest in investing in the company becasue they feel the blog is censord. As old man stated they have lost about all of the original crew and tell people they laid them off for the winter to save money. It's hard to trust any thing you read on the blog.

mikepiazza

Greenie
May 2, 2007
Florida Keys
Deep Blue Marine was on MN1.com today and mentioned the Woman Key site as well as a yet to be announced site they are working on so Old Man sure seems to know what he is talking about.

Wilf Blum did mention that they thought there were 5 wrecks inside of the permitted area of Woman Key. I don't know the basis for that nor did he expand on it. He did mention that the Woman Key permit included 15 sq. miles of ocean floor.

Old Man, I'm looking forward to some kind of a positive announcement regarding the undisclosed site you mentioned. You got to know who the major player is along with Deep Blue. My guess is I visit their museum often and my wife wears some of their jewelry.

Rustys Mate

Apr 10, 2007
Philadelphia
A girl that works in my office wears the same jewelry as she says she used to date Kane.
Old Man won't even tell me anything, Mike P. I keep trying to guess. But, Mike P. didn't you say you have 3 boats near the Deep Blue Marine and the Fisher's? Are you one of the local divers Wilf talked about hiring?

mikepiazza

Greenie
May 2, 2007
Florida Keys
Sorry Rustys Mate, I'm just an interested party enjoying the good life down here in the Florida Keys. Obviously you post on the DPBM weblog in order to know that I own multiple boats. But many people down here have several boats so thats nothing special.

I will benefit financially when Deep Blue brings up the treasure but thats only based on my position as a shareholder.

Rustys Mate

Apr 10, 2007
Philadelphia
Mike P,
Do you know who any of the local divers are? All Wilf said on the conference was that Tammy, Taz, and a few local divers would be diving the woman key site and that Randy would be in charge in the office. I didn't think to ask their names or credentials.

cephalopoder

Greenie
Nov 25, 2006
I am sure Wilf will tell ya the waters are too ruff . That's all he ever says. And I am starting to question if dpbm blog was even hacked. It's a very convenient way of making all of his old statements disappear so they couldn't be brought up. :-\

mikepiazza

Greenie
May 2, 2007
Florida Keys
Seas have been flat, vis has been good to excellent. Maybe he doesn't want the crew to get sunburn. Hopefully it's because they are working on the Miss Delaney to get her ready so the Lady Laura can head south.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
And I am starting to question if dpbm blog was even hacked. It's a very convenient way of making all of his old statements disappear so they couldn't be brought up.

I concur. ;D

OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
gdaddyflex,

You're not the only one thinking that way. I'm only a novice with a computer, but I am smart enough to know to save something on a CD. I think we're seing more smoke and mirrors.

cephalopoder

Greenie
Nov 25, 2006
Old Man
I thought he said gold cross and chain at first too but in the MN1 article it says..

"Blum went on to describe some of the amazing treasures that have been recovered through professional salvage operations – like a gold bishop’s cross valued at over $6 million, a gold chain two hundred feet long, several hundred emeralds, and 28 pieces of extremely rare cut crystal from the 1600s that could only be valued as ‘priceless.’ Even less glorious objects like old cannonballs, swords, and other relics can fetch incredibly high prices at an auction – not to mention the ship itself."

So I am thinking that maybe he was refering to some one else. But I do find this statement misleading....
"“While the company hasn’t recovered a lot of silver and gold so far – just one or two coins of each”

I know of only one silver coin that was found, so I am not sure where the one or two of each comes into play... I will post the whole article so every one can see it. and a link to the radio podcast.

cephalopoder

Greenie
Nov 25, 2006
The radio podcast from wilf..

http://files.mn1.com/mp3/DPBM_050207.mp3

copy of article from MN1 on 5/2/07

Andrew Weinman

MN1 Staff Writer

MIDVALE, Utah(May 2, 2007) – Who hasn’t dreamt of being a treasure hunter? Everyone, at some time in their life, has imagined finding that wooden chest filled with golden coins, strings of pearls and priceless gems. But for Wulf Blum, president and CEO of Deep Blue Marine (Pink Sheets: DPBM), it’s not so much a dream as a dream come true.

Blum, who has headed the Deep Blue Marine company for the past two years, has made a productive business out of the salvage and recovery of shipwrecks and other sunken objects - and, of course, forgotten seagoing relics from the 1600s and 1700s.

“We’ve done a bunch of work for the government,” Blum said. “We’ve pulled up three boats, four cranes, and two airplanes. On ancient wrecks, we’re just in the process [of recovering some.] We’ve got one from the mid 1670s, and one possible one from the 1750s. And then we’ve got one from the late 1700s, and we’re waiting for the permits to pull it up.”

Because of the stringent salvage and recovery statutes regarding shipwrecks, the life of a commercial salvager can be a difficult one – even if you discover a wreck, you need to make a claim on the wreck before recovery operations can begin, a process that could take years and has no guarantee of succeeding. Luckily, Blum’s found an ingenious way around that.

“We take existing contracts or permits, and we develop those permits,” Blum said. “If I went out today … and found

a wreck in Florida waters, it would probably take me five years to get a permit because of all the bureaucracy. So what we do is take old permits that have been around since the 70s… then we bring in our crews and develop the work site.”

As can be expected for any industry that revolves around the recovery of old shipwrecks, the professional salvage business can be extremely lucrative.

“We’ve recovered cannonballs, muskets, we’ve recovered small amounts of gold … we’ve got an anchor, we’ve got 2,500 individual sonar hits that look like cannons,” Blum continued. “We’ve got two areas that look that are very, very prolific with gold and silver.”

Blum went on to describe some of the amazing treasures that have been recovered through professional salvage operations – like a gold bishop’s cross valued at over $6 million, a gold chain two hundred feet long, several hundred emeralds, and 28 pieces of extremely rare cut crystal from the 1600s that could only be valued as ‘priceless.’ Even less glorious objects like old cannonballs, swords, and other relics can fetch incredibly high prices at an auction – not to mention the ship itself.

“On an older wreck, the payroll value on that boat alone can be worth $51 million,” Blum said. “And that’s not counting cannonballs, cannons, swords, glass crystal, pots and porcelain.”

Of course, there’s more to salvaging than just booty. There’s also the recovery and preservation of ancient relics, with a historical value far greater than any monetary number.

Naturally, Blum’s done pretty well for himself so far. The cost overhead for the business is relatively low, meaning he’s guaranteed to make a profit off any wrecks or relics he recovers, even after sending 50 percent to either the local government or the title holder.

“This is only our second year as a public company. Our boats are paid for, so financially we’re in pretty good shape,” Blum said. “We can do pretty well.”

While the company hasn’t recovered a lot of silver and gold so far – just one or two coins of each – they expect a major find soon. In fact, they’re counting on it. Although the company will sell any historical artifacts they find, they intend to keep the gold and silver they recover; “so that way we’re the only pinksheet in the world who’s stock is backed by gold and silver,” Blum said.

And the good news doesn’t stop there. Blum and the rest of Deep Blue Marine really do prize their shareholders – so much so that they’ll allow shareholders to dive with them, provided the shareholder is a certified diver and passes a brief diving test. While few companies can claim to searching for buried treasure, even fewer let their shareholders in on the action.

It goes without saying that Blum’s ecstatic about his profession.

“It’s like no other company in the world,” Blum said with a smile in his voice.

OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Thanks for posting that. I still think that if he had found 1 or 2 gold coins, it would be nice to post them and put out a wire to that effect. I would like to know the dates ? If he really has any gold coins.

I am really impressed with his last statement in quotes, " It's like no other company in the world ", with a smile on his face. For once he is telling the whole truth.

Rustys Mate

Apr 10, 2007
Philadelphia
Andrew Weinman

MN1 Staff Writer

MIDVALE, Utah(May 2, 2007) – Who hasn’t dreamt of being a treasure hunter? Everyone, at some time in their life, has imagined finding that wooden chest filled with golden coins, strings of pearls and priceless gems. But for Wulf Blum, president and CEO of Deep Blue Marine (Pink Sheets: DPBM), it’s not so much a dream as a dream come true.

Blum, who has headed the Deep Blue Marine company for the past two years, has made a productive business out of the salvage and recovery of shipwrecks and other sunken objects - and, of course, forgotten seagoing relics from the 1600s and 1700s.

“We’ve done a bunch of work for the government,” Blum said. “We’ve pulled up three boats, four cranes, and two airplanes. On ancient wrecks, we’re just in the process [of recovering some.] We’ve got one from the mid 1670s, and one possible one from the 1750s. And then we’ve got one from the late 1700s, and we’re waiting for the permits to pull it up.”

Because of the stringent salvage and recovery statutes regarding shipwrecks, the life of a commercial salvager can be a difficult one – even if you discover a wreck, you need to make a claim on the wreck before recovery operations can begin, a process that could take years and has no guarantee of succeeding. Luckily, Blum’s found an ingenious way around that.

“We take existing contracts or permits, and we develop those permits,” Blum said. “If I went out today … and found a wreck in Florida waters, it would probably take me five years to get a permit because of all the bureaucracy. So what we do is take old permits that have been around since the 70s… then we bring in our crews and develop the work site.”

As can be expected for any industry that revolves around the recovery of old shipwrecks, the professional salvage business can be extremely lucrative.

“We’ve recovered cannonballs, muskets, we’ve recovered small amounts of gold … we’ve got an anchor, we’ve got 2,500 individual sonar hits that look like cannons,” Blum continued. “We’ve got two areas that look that are very, very prolific with gold and silver.”

Blum went on to describe some of the amazing treasures that have been recovered through professional salvage operations (He did not say his) like a gold bishop’s cross valued at over $6 million, a gold chain two hundred feet long, several hundred emeralds, and 28 pieces of extremely rare cut crystal from the 1600s that could only be valued as ‘priceless.’ Even less glorious objects like old cannonballs, swords, and other relics can fetch incredibly high prices at an auction – not to mention the ship itself.He talks about what is out there.

“On an older wreck, the payroll value on that boat alone can be worth $51 million,” Blum said. “And that’s not counting cannonballs, cannons, swords, glass crystal, pots and porcelain.”

Of course, there’s more to salvaging than just booty. There’s also the recovery and preservation of ancient relics, with a historical value far greater than any monetary number.

Naturally, Blum’s done pretty well for himself so far. The cost overhead for the business is relatively low, meaning he’s guaranteed to make a profit off any wrecks or relics he recovers, even after sending 50 percent to either the local government or the title holder.

“This is only our second year as a public company. Our boats are paid for, so financially we’re in pretty good shape,” Blum said. “We can do pretty well.”

While the company hasn’t recovered a lot of silver and gold so far – just one or two coins of each – one molten gold peice on a hinge, and one silver pilar and wave. they expect a major find soon. In fact, they’re counting on it. Although the company will sell any historical artifacts they find, they intend to keep the gold and silver they recover; “so that way we’re the only pinksheet in the world who’s stock is backed by gold and silver,” Blum said.

And the good news doesn’t stop there. Blum and the rest of Deep Blue Marine really do prize their shareholders – so much so that they’ll allow shareholders to dive with them, provided the shareholder is a certified diver and passes a brief diving test. While few companies can claim to searching for buried treasure, even fewer let their shareholders in on the action.

It goes without saying that Blum’s ecstatic about his profession.

“It’s like no other company in the world,” Blum said with a smile in his voice.

Admiral de Salee

Apr 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's V3i w. D2 or Super12
White's DFX w. D2 or 5.3
Sunray DX-1, Lesche Digger
Hi R.M.,

I'll leave out any reference to "...sound and fury...", but reading that transcript brought to mind two foreign phrases:

First one always amused me. It's German, "Uberhaupt ja gar nicht" (a long-ish phrase meaning "uh-uh").

The French sentence that came to mind was "Il n'ya pas de quois" ("It is of no consequence").

Rustys Mate

Apr 10, 2007
Philadelphia
From another blog:

Re: thoughts on article

Yeah I read that Linda on the dpbm blog awhile back. I also read about
your encounter in the bar with a so called deep blue member. There are
allot of experts that feel woman key is viod of any tresure. You never
know though. I hope all this cutting edge technology can prove it one
way or another. The downer is all the turtle grass and coral that
can't be touched. And from what Truman said they cant remove a blade
of turtle grass even if it was on top of tons of gold. I saw your post
before the blog shut down about Truman allready finding gold on his
own. I hope wilf didn't let all the experts go to ahve them strike
treasure on their own. I think there is more to the story than what
wilf tells. I am hopeing this new contract gets signed. Deep blue
could really use some good news to get the stock moving. I thought I
got in a a bargain price and its all ready half of what I got in for.

The Last Wreck

I do not think for one minute that Wilf should pull out of woman key.
I'm just saying with the history of the site, they need to be careful.
I have a feeling they will find something important at woman key.

You want the whole true story of the bar thing?
The person in the bar acted just like I described on the blog. However,
I went there looking for him out of fury. He made up stories about my
nephews, particularly Gary whom is the apple of my eye. I was so proud
of Gary and how happy he was working for Deep Blue Marine. And the
other person in the bar in Orlando made up lies and had Gary "laid off"
I am a mother mountain lion and you injured one of my cubs. By the time
I got there, I calmed down and obsrved you. I found you to be the
rotten little snake Gary described you to be and I ran home to post on
the inthedeep blog to hurt you the way you hurt my Gary.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions