Woman Key

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
I noticed a post on another site by RGecy asking about the woman key site that a certain dive company is working. I believe that there is also a web site called the last wreck.com, concerning this site. For Robert and all interested parties, I worked this site last summer, Jack Haskins did the research on this site and stated that a Dutch ship sank there in the late 1600's and that it was salvaged and no treasure was on it. I know that some people including a person that runs a blog for a dive company involved in salvage work there, keeps telling people it is a treasure wreck, this person goes by the aka, of reporter on that blog, he has NO treasure hunting experience, Personally, I would bet on Jack Haskins.

mnm

May 17, 2006
Yea , from what I noticed there were no pictures of treasure posted either .

OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
You won't see any. The media consultant person that runs the blog, aka, reporter, is lying to the shareholders, if he would just be honest and tell them that it might be a dutch wreck that can give up some historical artifacts, he would be honest, but he is being dishonest and should be sent somewhere so the shareholders money from little old ladies isn't lost.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You will not see any treasure from Woman key- it ran away with Man key last January.

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wondered when the cat was going to come out of the bag on this one.

OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
NC Brad,

Don't get the wrong impression. I firmly believe that this company is headed in the right direction, from what was found on another site recently ( and someother things in the works). I just wanted to point out, that the company should get rid of the people that are misleading the shareholders on the company blog, the people that have absolutely no experience in treasure hunting.

Donovan

Jun 10, 2005
There is an article in todays Keys paper about this operation. Their interviews seem sincere but I would put them in the category of inexperienced exuberance and uninformed or not researched speculation. This wreckage has been known about for years. The island next to Woman key is known as Ballast key..... It ain't called Ballast key for nothing. Many artifacts have been found in the shallows there, including several cooking pots, clay pipes, barrel hoops, fasteners and pottery. The amount of ballast in the area in minimal so the rest of the site is possibly out in deeper water. From the artifacts I have seen and found there appear to me to be parts of two wrecks about 75 years apart. The picture of the anchor in the paper is not very good but appears to be early 19th century English. But like I said the Pix isn't the best.
The single coin they found is Spanish, late 17th century. Coins have been found on the beach at Boca Chica, Woman key, Boca Grande and the Marquesas. The coins range over several centuries. There are bits and pieces of wreckage in the shallows all along the south side of the keys. With the prevailing wind and currents anything that breaks up out on the reef ends up in the shallows. It can't go any farther.
There are thousands of anomaly's in the area. It was a bombing range for years. Craters are still visible from the air. One of the artifacts they found and had on their website was part of a WWII detonator. We found two Avengers in 35 feet of water south of Boca grande. Roughly 2 miles SW of Woman key. We recovered one airplane. The other is still there.
The fact is there is a wreck roughly every 500 yards from the Tortugas to Maine. Most of course are not valuable but all are interesting.
Incidentally, If you can find a map of the keys earlier than 1900 you will find that Woman Key and Man key's names were reversed from todays names. Who knows why? But the original place names were appropriate....look at the shapes with the dirty part of your mind and you will see why they were named Woman and Man key in the first place.
Splash,
Donovan

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Donovan,
Can you post a link to the news paper or article.

Thanks,
Brad

Rusty Sailor

Feb 26, 2007
NC Brad,
What do you mean about the cat out of the bag? Are you talking in general about the woman key site already being salvaged, or about the company knowing it has?

OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Grubstake,
I am not a scientist or geoolgist. I'm just relaying what I was told by someone tht is. The only thing I can say is find one who's in that business and I'm sure he could explain it to you. I know that an atom bombs works too, but I'm not able to explain the scientific reason why. stock symbol for the other person asking # dpbm

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
We use long range technology and believe me it works. We spent all last summer modifying the equipment and have some really significant sites to mag and "blow" when the seas calm. We ran test recently for another TH company, with an 80# silver bar several miles away and were right on target.

Grubby,
Why all the negative posts? If you have a gripe with TNET, leave out all the company's that TH for a living unless your sure of your remarks. Maybe you should research the whole story about Amelia's involvement in that situation.

Diverlynn

OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
DIVERLYN,
IS IT POSSIBLE TO SEE YOUR LONGRANGE LOCATOR IN ACTION ? I AM NOT DOUBTING YOU. I WAS JUST RELAYING THAT I HAVEN'T SEEN ONE THAT WORKS YET AND WOULD LIKE TO SEE ONE THAT DOES WORK.

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
I can check with the boss's. They do all that when they come down from Atlanta and work off the beach. They will be down, maybe the first of next week. We had an outside person hide the bar and it was found by our electronics, I think, 12 miles away. I couldn't began to explain the way it works but it got us within 20' of a target last summer, unfortunately it was just an old WWII bomb off of the Cape. When I dove on it I was sure it was a cannon at first. They have made a lot of modifications since.
diverlynn

OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Diverlyn,
I would appreciate you doing what evr you can. Did your long range locator locate the silvr bar in salt water or on land ? One other question, the bomb that you found ? Did they tell you that it was silver or gold, when you went looking for it??

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
old man,
The test was to be done off shore Fernadina Beach but the seas were bad so it was done on land. Last summer when test were being done, it was programmed for iron, after modifications different metals can be targeted. It actually works better on minerals such as emeralds.

OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Diverlyn,
I've heard some people say that they have seen them work on land, but when it comes to salt water, they don't seem to work. I just haven't seen one work at all and would be interested in seeing it done.

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI, the equipment and group that DiverLynn is referring to should not be confused with the Woman Key site or Deep Blue, they aren't related. Also I believe the equipment and group she is referring to are self funded and aren't trying to scam anyone. They also use normal things like the best mags on the market.

I'm like Old Man on this one, I'd like to see it work.

No, I don't really believe in swinging pendulums or rods moving by themselves. I do believe in technology and seeing things work. It hasn't been that long ago that people used sextants, wooden ships, and horses. People are smart and things change.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions