well step 1 on wrecksite done --state fellows got back to me --set up for august

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
yep mr sam turner from the st. augustine lighthouse got back with me--he got the copies of the maps that I sent him and talked to his boss--they have set aside sometime for a prelim search / study of the wreaksite in august --a mag drag and sonar type probe...can't wait till then....on pins and needles..ivan

kg6yll

Oct 10, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Re: well step 1 on wrecksite done --state fellows got back to me --set up for au

Keep us posted.

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Ivan,
That is very great!!!!!!!! ;D
I hope that those months go by quickly so we can all see what is there!!!!!

Congrats for getting through the 1st step.

Dimeman

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with your site. Hope they don't get some stupid idea to bring in an archeology group. If they do, you might as well pack up your equipment and hit the road.

Keep us posted, I'm hoping the best for you. Ringfinder

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds interesting, let us know! HH, Mike

Eddy1H

Dec 17, 2006
Rockwall Texas
Detector(s) used
Cz20, Cz6a, 1212X, Minelab, Muskateer Advantage Whites, XLT, Surf PI, Garrett TR
Good luck on your first search, keep us informed

Eddy

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
I thought the St. Augustine area was deemed offlimits for Exploration and Salvage. The State has it designated as a reserve for research purposes. Am I correct in that statement?

Basically a way to keep out salvors!

ringfinder said:
Hope they don't get some stupid idea to bring in an archeology group. If they do, you might as well pack up your equipment and hit the road.

Ringfinder

Ringfinder, Pretty much anything in the way of Exploration or Recovery in the State of Florida is going to require an Archaeologist now days. We were looking at a survey permit on the Treasure Coast and were told we needed to have an RPA certified Archaeologist apply for it. Otherwise we would most likely be denied.

I don't think its a bad thing. More and more Archaeologist are starting to work with commercial groups. Hopefully we can fend off the rest of the fanatical ones who are pushing the Bureaucrats to draft these ridiculous laws. With every new law they pass they take away more of our freedom.

Here is an article that will really make you think about the implications of what the state has done by repealing the isolated finds program.
http://golddredger.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=read_count&om=342&forum=DCForumID5&viewmode=threaded

Robert in SC

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Looking forward to hearing more, Ivan. Awesome opportunity.

Make sure you delete the other two post you made just like this one so we can find the updates easily next time. :)

capt_t

Dec 27, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
Ivan, (Someone correct me here if I'm wrong)....LAMP (St.Augustine lighthouse) does not issue permits to search wrecksites, they are not the state of Florida. They just have authorization to research and preserve the shipwrecks in the St. Aug. preserve. I understand that your wreck is not in St. Aug. but I don't believe I would of given LAMP any info on your wreck, as all they will want to do is archeology and get the state to preserve this site also.

Robert,,,,I thought isolated finds only applied to underwater, not on the beach. How can the state take away his finds if he was looking on the beach,,,,,,,,sad to hear...

LAMPS website......http://www.staugustinelighthouse.com/lamp.php

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: well step 1 on wrecksite done --state fellows got back to me --set up for au

LAMP worked with me on the new smyrna 3rd ave wrecksite.they DO NOT like treasure hunters.good luck.

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Once again people are bitching about what is happening to to Salvers and THers.
This is the same kind of statements that has been said for MANY MANY months and STILL nothing is done and NOTHING will even be done.
Most here on this forum are Hobbyist divers and do have the funds to do anything else but complain.
Have a great week end (ANYWAY)
Peg leg

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LAMP is not part of the FL state government.

LAMP probably needs till Aug to get their permits in order. Like they really have so much to do that they would wait till then for a new site, give me a break.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions