SHIPWRECK:

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Good morning everyone.
I have a few question to ask ::)(whats new right).
Lets us say that a ship is foundering in a storm off the east coast of Florida and is grounded on a sandbar and is being beated to pieces.
1. Would the Captain not lighten his load by whatever means is available?
2. Would he not drop off some cannons used a ballast?
I think he would>
Now what if this ship was loaded with iron chest loaded with treasure.
Do you think he would also drop off some of these iron chest to lighten his load even more.
Now lets say this works and he gets off the sandbar.
So far I have found no information concerning any ship actually doing this.
I have researched the Admiralty in the UK and have found nothing about this happening.
This is an assumption on my part because of the information that I have come up with.
The pattern of the cannons tell me a story like what I posted above. There is a string of cannons scattered in a line that is estimated to be about 200' long. Near the end of this string of cannons are other iron items that I must assume to be the iron cheat.
There is not Ship parts to be found.
Does anyone recall that I mentioned the TEST-well the TEST is completed and this is the end results of that TEST.
ALL THE IRON ITEMS ARE BURIED UNDER 10' OF SAND AND IN 10 TO 20 FEET OF WATER.
THE IRON CHEST CONTAIN FRENCH, SPANISH AND BRITISH GOLD.
The ship is what I would call a MAN-0-WAR.
Now you understand my interest.
I have the CORDS to this STASH. Since this is NOT a shipwreck as shipwrecks go BUT is still contains treasure and can be checked out by simply magging the area-(which should take only a few minutes).
Does anyone think that SOMEONE would be interested?
YES the area was DOWSED.
Thanks
Peg Leg

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
I have been called much worst ;D
BUT what if I am right ::)
Peg Leg

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Hi ,
I have my MOJO working just fine ;D.
It's funny ;D ;D ;D everytime I post something >:( the "TECHNO PEOPLE" start jumping ship without their tanks :o
or they CHUM the water ::).
"Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes I don't".
But you have to admit THers are some of the biggest NUTS there are so I feel right at home.
O.K.
On the serious side??????
There is a STRAWBERRY Festival being held today at WICKHAM PARK in Melbourne-going to try and make it so maybe I will see some of you there.
Peg Leg

T

TheBullShark

Ive read of an English ship taking on water coming in Pensacola and dumping 15-20 cannon to lighten the load....I would imagine in those days you would dump anything to save yourself and get on dry land,unless ofcourse they had epirbs and USCG rescue choppers that we never knew about ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread