Come on 65 degrees!

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
I haven't had much to post in a while on my wreck pursuits seeing how the damn water temp is still WAY too cold for this Florida Cracker. Surface temps in my part of the Gulf are finally stabilizing above 60 degrees but 65 is pretty much my minimum.

Such a sucky tradeoff up here...cold water = good vis in the bay where most of my sites of interest are located.

Geeze I'm sounding a bit too neurotic here...oh well time to go swallow a handfull of Zoloft, get some shut-eye, and dream of warmer water!! ;D

Feeling much better now that I had my late winter rant :o

Pcolaboy

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pcolaboy, we still have surface temps in the low 70's on the east coast of Florida. Sounds like you need a road trip.

Tom

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Scott,

You can always come visit with me. The water temps here in SC are are balmy 47 degrees. ;D ;D ;D

Robert in SC

capt_t

Dec 27, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
70 is great, 60 little cold, 47 burr...I think i'v been in florida to long, I remember the days back in Oregon when i waterskied. Alot of the water temp. would'nt hit 60 in the late summer. There was this one lake that never got over 53 degrees.

T

TheBullShark

The sheepies are starting to bite,so it wont be long now..Probably by 4/4 it should be close to 65,by mid april when the cobia start to pour through it will be 68.We MD'ed by boat yesterday morning and it was a little cool compared to the past week...We checked a couple spots and left early,slicked off and warmed up by afternoon ofcourse.But today the high is only supposed to hit 53,going to hit some lots over here we have access to on Grande.

Sent you a pm a while back btw ;)

southern maine diver

Feb 24, 2007
South Berwick, Maine
Hey Robert...

Water temp up here in Maine is 38degrees... 47 is still wetsuit temps for me. I don't go into my drysuit until the water temps hit 44 degrees or Dec 1st, whichever comes first.. :o

Stay warm and safe diving to you all.

Wayne

S

stefen

Orange County in So Cal reached 85 inland yesterday and might get up to the late 70' early 80's today.

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Yeah Wayne, I dont even have a dry suit. There are few guys around who wear them, but my 6.5 does fine. Like you said though, any colder, 38 brrrrrrrrr, and I would get me a dry suit!

Robert in SC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread