SHIPWRECKS AND TREASURE

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
What can I say except the following:
From Sabastian Inlet to Jupiter inlet a lot of treasure has been recovered but in my opinion there is MILLIONS still to be recovered but not from the sea. It is in the Indian River. You must know by now that the land area seperating the Atlantic Ocean from the Indian River was nothing but a long sand bar and during a storm it was nothing so tell me what is the reason that no one is seriously searching the west side of this strip of land. I do not even think anyone has even done a mag search of this area.
I think that the results would be surpising to say the least.
But that is my opinion-for what is it worth.
Peg leg

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get a copy of "The Rainbow Chasers" by Tommy Gore. You might change your mind about that.

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Never heard of the man.
All I can say is that I have lived in this area for 70 years and know things that are not told to STRANGERS. Both of my uncles were fisherman by trade so I have information that this person would never know about-like did you know there was a River mining operation a little south of Melbourne in the Indian River?
PEG LEG

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why don't you ask around?

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey peg Leg, the reason you can't search the Indian River area is because it is in the Pelican Island National Wildlife Refuge. You might disturb the wildlife!

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
At one time I used to eat Manatee-until it became against the Law
I still eat gator tail, rattlesnake and some thing I have no idea what it is or was and I love wild hog-if cooked right. I have eaten Loggerhead filppers. But those days are past-thank goodness.
As for asking around, at my age WHY does this man not ask around about me and my family ;D he may learn something he did hnot know. If he is still alive that is and by the way where was he born or was he a SNOBIRD?
No disrespeck intended.
PEG LEG

T

TheBullShark

manateebone.jpg

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I met a guy who used to harpoon manatees in Crystal River during the depression to feed his family. He said it was marbled meat (fat) and tasted like pork.

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Actually there were 4 different taste,
Pork, Fish, Beef and Lamd. The fatback was used in cooking with greens and beans.
PEG LEG

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
PALM BEACH COUNTY,FLORIDA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Pegleg
Maybe you could sell mantee sandwiches at the treasure convention !! lol. At least all the guys from the game and fish commision would show up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions