SIXTH ANNUAL TREASUREHUNTERS COOKOUT!!!!

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello fellow treasurehunters, the sixth annual treasurehunters cookout will be held on april 26th at the pennwood motorlodge in wabasso florida. if you want a room they are giving anyone attending the cookout a discounted rate. you will need to act fast, in the past all rooms are sold out within about a week! The phone number for the Pennwood is (866)-742-9240 or (772)-589-3855, ask for Virginia and tell her you’re with the Treasure Hunters group so you can get the discount.

the pennwood motorlodge has a rich history with some of the treasurehunting greats from the good old days having used it as a base with rumors of treasure being hidden there! many shipwreck beaches are within easy driving distance if you want to go exploring. they have a very nice pool, nice grounds and nice covered area that will serve as the main gathering area and shelter if it rains.

anyone that has been to these cookouts before knows that these cookouts are a great time and I know I look forward to attending each year, catching up with old friends and making new ones, hearing all the great treasurehunting stories(true and false) and making plans for the upcoming season.

there will be food, drinks and treasure to be had. there will be some beer but for the most part you will need to bring your own adult beverages. im hoping to have a treasure raffle, so if enough people bring some cool treasure items to raffle off we can do that. I would also like to have a treasure swap meet, bring your treasurehunting related gear or items to sell or swap and a table to set everything on.

anyone that can send pre cookout cash/check/money order donations to help with the food and misc costs please do so, I can tell you that in the past to much of the load was placed on one person. the more I get the better this cookout will be!!!!! send me a pm and I will give you the address to mail your donation to, or donations can be made as a "gift" by paypal sent to [email protected]

Saturday april 26th

The Pennwood Motor Lodge
9295 N. U.S. Highway1
Sebastion, FL (actually Wabasso)

I look forward to another great year and really hope to see a few faces that were missing last year!!!!
thanks,
seeker41

Last edited:

Denniss

Jan 7, 2011
Fort Pierce, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Fisher Impulse, Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Can you provide an address to send our contributions

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I am looking forward to this.

Just to update all of you that attended (or hoped to attend) the cookout/benefit in my honor in Nov. of 2012, I am alive and well. After a nightmarish year of surgeries, chemotherapy, and lots of tests and follow up doctors appointments (still), there is no sign of cancer. I am feeling healthy and am back to work in the bowels of corporate America as well as continuing my treasure hunting pursuits, both on land and under the water.

Monica and I thanked as many people as we could, in person, in letters, in thank you notes and emails, but if we missed anyone, THANK YOU! God is looking down kindly upon you all. (Mostly though, thank you John and Deb Redman!!!!)

I hope to see as many of you in Wabasso this year as possible.

Tom

thetigers2

Apr 20, 2009
Homosassa,Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS & my good old eyes...Oh and my Mischievous Mermaid a helping...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great,Tom look forward to seeing all my new and old friends. Mike

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just to update all of you that attended (or hoped to attend) the cookout/benefit in my honor in Nov. of 2012, I am alive and well. After a nightmarish year of surgeries, chemotherapy, and lots of tests and follow up doctors appointments (still), there is no sign of cancer. I am feeling healthy and am back to work in the bowels of corporate America as well as continuing my treasure hunting pursuits, both on land and under the water.

Monica and I thanked as many people as we could, in person, in letters, in thank you notes and emails, but if we missed anyone, THANK YOU! God is looking down kindly upon you all. (Mostly though, thank you John and Deb Redman!!!!)

Tom

awesome!! see you soon!!
chuck.

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Tom

Great news! Congratulations on the BIG win! See you in Wabasso.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang, I will be in FL in April but will be on my way home the week before the Cook Out. I will see if I can get some give aways for you all and maybe meet someone while I am down there to hand them off to.
ZDD

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh no!!!! I was hoping you could finally attend this year!!!! it should be held around the same time next year, make plans if you can? what area will you be in while your here? we can arrange to meet up or I can have someone else do it.

chuck.

Dang, I will be in FL in April but will be on my way home the week before the Cook Out. I will see if I can get some give aways for you all and maybe meet someone while I am down there to hand them off to.
ZDD

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh no!!!! I was hoping you could finally attend this year!!!! it should be held around the same time next year, make plans if you can? what area will you be in while your here? we can arrange to meet up or I can have someone else do it.

chuck.
Hi Chuck, I was really hoping that our trip and the Cook Out would be timed so I could fit them both in the one trip. I will be coming next year specifically for the cook out and anything else will be second to that.
I will be in Venice with four others from the Zodiac Divers Group for some Meg Tooth hunting. Hopefully I will be meeting up with Jason, AKA Scubafinder and will pass along some goodies for give aways and some beer money for yall. If I can't meet up with Jason for some reason I will drop by the Shipwreck Restaurant on our way back and hopefully be able to leave a package there for you.
All the best and I know that your going to have a fantastic time of it. I really wish I could be there.
Dave

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if I can make it this year, but I will try. I am preparing to head back down to Central America.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seeker41,
I may can come for the day, at least. I'll try to figure some food to bring or we can pm, let me know what need there may be, I can fill.
I'm good for salads, beans, dessert, etc...... type stuffs. I loved the lady's deviled egg concoction! (which just reminded me of TerryC's "suck on eggs" LOL!)
Hey Mad4wrecks! Glad ya'll will be there, too!
Jason/Jen, if ya'll are coming over, pm or call me. It's always good to see ya'll.

I'll try to get in touch with some more folks from tnet, also, see what we can conspire!
Everyone stay in touch and we'll get it together again this yr!
Always a great time to be had by all! :notworthy:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
41, I plan on being there as well....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast

Attachments

• 2013-04-20_17-05-19_515(1).jpg
    2013-04-20_17-05-19_515(1).jpg
    739.6 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:

comfortably numb

Mar 31, 2010
Crystal River, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II,
MPX,fisher 1280x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff is the guy with the Dog Coming? Seems like a nice guy. One heck of a Dog.
I Don't know Ed,Only met him once. I will be calling you shortly about a trip this summer, I need to set a date and have till march to put in for vacation. Hopefully we'll have good weather.:occasion14:

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have updated the original post to show that donations can be made by paypal.

thanks,
chuck.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
I Don't know Ed,Only met him once. I will be calling you shortly about a trip this summer, I need to set a date and have till march to put in for vacation. Hopefully we'll have good weather.:occasion14:
Jeff Pick your vacation any time except the last 2 weeks of August, if you're thinking about Key West. If it's the other location ? I guess the last 2 weeks in August are still good, because I'm sure John will be there. See you at the Picnic.:skullflag:

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread