legal or not legal-that is the question?

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
i HAVE A QUESTION:
Let us say that some gold was recovered in 1927 and dumped somwhere within the State of Florida and lets say that this gold was recovered and stashed until 1957/58. Let us also say that this was when it was AGAINST THE LAW TO have gold.
What if the person having this gold were to put the gold in another place and then died. What if this person had only one child=would this child be the sole hair to this gold sine it has not been 50 years since it was buried? The State of Florida says that anything buried for 50 years or more belongs to the State regardless of where it was buried, BUT since it was buried in 1957/58 THIS IS NOT 50 YEARS AGO.
So my question is WHO OWN THIS GOLD?
Yes I know that to get the correct answer a Attorney sill have to be consulted.
What is YOUR OPINION.
Thanks
PEG LEG

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
peg leg...

there are way too many hypotheticals in your scenario. If you want, drop me an email, and I'll give you my office number. give me the facts, and I'll give you the likely scenario as to who owns it.

steve

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
Sounds like your putting the cart ahead of the horse! Likely you don't have the gold yet. But if you do? Remember possession is 90% of the law. Do you plan to tell someone if you find it? Dig it up and zip the lips. Let it be known you found it and many may put in a claim for it. To find something is one thing, to keep it is something else. Who needs to know anyway!

Skimmer

Nov 2, 2006
Awww...I can't help it, even though I know everybody on TNet is gonna jump all over my butt.
PEG: Quit taking naps and waking up posting.
I like reading your stuff, its entertaining and, if nothing else, unique.

Skimmer

Nov 2, 2006
Ms Oroblanco....I LOVE YOUR POSTS!!! hahahahah
You have a way with words, and its nice. Thank you.Oh..pardon me please...I meant MRS. Oroblanco.
No offense intended. Don't want Mr. Oroblanco getting mad at me.

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Skimmer,
I was wide awake ::) I think :-\
My problem is that I ask for to much advice ;D but it sure saves me some Lawyers fees ;D ; D SOMETIMES.
Peg Leg

Skimmer

Nov 2, 2006
Hi Peg...really.nuthin personal....I can tell you're a fine man from all your posts, and your heart is in the right place. Just...maybe....could you BE less controversial? Hell..maybe I could be too. I'll try.
Give it a shot, too, OK? Also. you're right up the road...let me know when you can come dive with us.
You can stay here for the weekend or whatever...Um..you personal e-mailed me a few months ago regarding...ahem...a metal chest full of gold bars..so. I know you know my address. Drop me a line and if you want to, we'll plan something for this season. we'll have fun....you can sit in the flybridge and drink iced tea if you want...or...we'll work yur butt off. you decide. Sorry again if I offended you, I sometimes type before I read, if you know what I mean. E-mail me, summer is coming right up!!!!

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
it all depends where it was buried ;) if it was buried on the beach ;) then its finders keepers ;)

Just keep in mind that you are the owner of the things that you DONT say and a SLAVE of the things you do say....

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
skimmer,
Would love to dive with you but my diving days came to an end a few years ago. When I sign PEG LEG it is a fact. I tried diving last year but got tired to swimming in a circle ;D ;D ;D.
I am not easily offended unless it is meant to offend that I get upset and respond in kind. YES I agree that most of what I post IS controversial but you have to agree it makes some THINK and some NOT to think.
oh well such is life.
PEG LEG

Skimmer

Nov 2, 2006
Peg-..I know you're about 70 and diabetic and have one leg, but believe me, if you want to come and have a good weekend, and watch some treasure come up off the bottom from a 1715 wrecksite, you are welcome. Let me know which weekend you want to come down this summer....you can bunk here in the guesthouse, and if you don't want to or can't participate much, so be it, we'llwork it out and adapt. You can be "Captain" for a day. (But,I'm driving the freaking boat, OK?)

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Oh no...he'll get the big head if we all start calling him "Captain PegLeg"...I won't do it.... :D. J/K

Nice offer though Skimmer, if I didn't have my own plans for the 1715 this summer I'd be offering to dive with you.

Skimmer

Nov 2, 2006
Hey Jason..Um.we'll be divin in the same water this year..if you hear a loud scream of "GOLD"....maybe it'll be me (I hope)....Good luck with your plans for this year. Maybe see you "out there" Mike

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Mike, if you do yell gold...I'll be the guy parking the boat 50 feet away. :D See you out there!

Skimmer

Nov 2, 2006
Hmmmm....."Captain Pegleg" sort of sounds right, doesn't it?? OK..don't get the big head, Peg.

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Captain Peg Leg ::) ;D ;D.
Now thats funny :D
Yes sir I would enjoy that very much.
I will do whatever I can to help in anyway that I can.
If you can provide some information as to the area you are working your lease I may be able to help in another way.
Do not be surprised what I can come up with-it may even surprise me :o :o
Thanks
Peg Leg

Skimmer

Nov 2, 2006
Peg-
E-mail me and lets make a plan for you to be here on an up-coming weekend. I'm a cold water hating wimp, so....May onward will be good. So be it......"Captain Pegleg" it will be! (for the duration of your stay, anyway. As I said.you are welcome to bunk in my guesthouse for a couple days.
Our salvage boat is docked about 25 feet from where you;ll be staying, so walking won't be an issue.
As for the dowsing a map issue..well....we'll have to agree to disagree, OK? I respect your belief in that, but I'm not at all convinced that its a viable skill. Nevertheless...when we're anchoring up you are welcome to direct the boat to any spot in the area that "feels right" to you...hell. thats all we do!
We generally locateon the known scatter patterns,,and move some sand. More often than not, after 30-40 holes..some coins are onboard.
And a good da is had by all! Captain Peg, c'mon down. Mike

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Skimmer,
I can provide the (GPS) cords on any map you have coverving your lease area. About 99% of everybody feels the same way you feel but I would also add that MOST DOWSERS are not actually looking for Treasure in the Ocean simply because they are LAND LUBBERS. TO ME IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE.
WILL TALK MORE LATER.
Have a GOOD ONE.
PEG LEG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread