Reef south of Kips cabin

raddoc

Mar 31, 2011
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
EXCAL...AQUAPULSE
Reef south of Kip's cabin

So....my son(10) grabs my Excal to take it out to the beach just south of Kip's cabin last summer. After about 30 minute, I walk out to the beach and see him standing on a bit of exposed rock reef(super low tide and flat calm). I yell at him to get back on the beach...of course, he can't hear me...

I jog down to him,and, when I get there, I can hear the MD screaming through the head phones as he is scanning over the an area of rock reef. I grab him by the arm and get him back on the beach.

After explaining (again):BangHead: what the rules were...he tells me that there was about a 10' x 10' area of reef that was just one big hit.

I walked back to the reef to see if there was something visible....nothing...no cans...no trash...no nothing....just big reef rocks...

Buried cannon?

BrassEagle

Mar 15, 2009
Grainte Bay
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster/Di
So how did your Bearing sea investors wanted, work out started Feb 2012 did you need investors to dug up the beach.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
So....my son(10) grabs my Excal to take it out to the beach just south of Kip's cabin last summer. After about 30 minute, I walk out to the beach and see him standing on a bit of exposed rock reef(super low tide and flat calm). I yell at him to get back on the beach...of course, he can't hear me...

I jog down to him,and, when I get there, I can hear the MD screaming through the head phones as he is scanning over the an area of rock reef. I grab him by the arm and get him back on the beach.

After explaining (again):BangHead: what the rules were...he tells me that there was about a 10' x 10' area of reef that was just one big hit.

I walked back to the reef to see if there was something visible....nothing...no cans...no trash...no nothing....just big reef rocks...

Buried cannon?
I doubt it was a cannon. Probably just some iron junk. Maybe an old anchor...

sent from a potato...

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
So....my son(10) grabs my Excal to take it out to the beach just south of Kip's cabin last summer. After about 30 minute, I walk out to the beach and see him standing on a bit of exposed rock reef(super low tide and flat calm). I yell at him to get back on the beach...of course, he can't hear me... I jog down to him,and, when I get there, I can hear the MD screaming through the head phones as he is scanning over the an area of rock reef. I grab him by the arm and get him back on the beach. After explaining (again):BangHead: what the rules were...he tells me that there was about a 10' x 10' area of reef that was just one big hit. I walked back to the reef to see if there was something visible....nothing...no cans...no trash...no nothing....just big reef rocks... Buried cannon?

raddoc, about 25 years go I was walking just south of Kip's cabin in about 2 foot of water and saw 2 cannons lying there.
Could be the same place your son was, who knows???

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
It is quite a possibility that there is a cannon or cannons there! See the link below to a .pdf file assembled by Lee Wiese and go to page 13/67 (13 of 67) for information of finds and items still there at and near Kip's Cabin (Cabin Wreck). I am sure that you and many others wanting to meteal detect the Treasure Coast will find the article not only interesting but a very good source of information of where to hunt as well the do's and don'ts.

http://www.mdhtalk.org/articles/beaches/1715-fleet/1715-article.pdf

Frank

searchmike

Dec 18, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you tell me where Kip's cabin is ,i low it's north of Amber sands but not sure how far. Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread