All Treasure Hunting

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Heck, I'll pay $100 for anyone whose referral leads us to purchase the right boat. Call your nearby marina and ask for twin diesels and lots of aft space for diving equipment. Email or PM Brad with the info and we'll do the rest. Keep a check on it and if we buy it, you'll get your $100!

Skimmer

Nov 2, 2006
WOW! Season is almost here,,,this is a sure sign.
I wish I could hook ya'll up..and I'll keeep my ears open. You can count on a notification if I see or hear of any decent vessel available. Good Luck guys! And.no $100 will be accepted, hahah...Just a beer and a burger at Archies some evening. (hell, the way prices are nowadays..it might be $100 hahah.

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Skimmer,

I am looking forward to meeting you this summer. Anything you can do to help the group would be appreciated.

Just to let you guys know, Brad, Chagy, Darren, and I have looked at three salvage boats to date; two are already listed on the Enrada website, and the other is one of Art Hartman's old boats. These we already know about.

Darren, I say we up it to $200 for a finders fee on a good boat. I am sure Brad will gladly throw in the other $100. ;D ;D ;D

Robert

Skimmer

Nov 2, 2006
Hmmm..poor Brad just got whacked for another hundred...Robert! For shame! hahahah Hey, from all I've gathered ya'll sound like a fine group. I'll be happy to see you workin nearby. Just not TOO nearby...haha And...maybe living nearby?? That would be fine. Sounds like thats workin out. Jeeze, now if I could find you another work boat,,,,well....stand by...you may have a referral from me soon, I'm scheduled for tomorrow to finish off Eds boat at Riverside Marina here in Port Fierce. I'll ask Sally Concannon, the part owner.if she has any suggestions. And.if you want her #...le me know. The Virgalona is here...and Art Hartman's Dare was here for a few years...Riverside is a huge and disreputable looking place..but like so many other "scruffy" establishments..can be intertesting. Oh, and John Brandon's "Endeavor" is here too. I've had my vessel in there for short periods, but , thankfully, I've got my own dock now. $600 a month plus electric is way crazy to pay for a dock, right?

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Skimmer, I talked to Sally yesterday...so she's already checking around on boats, but since she knows you she might tell you more.

What do you mean living near by...I'll be like.....more than 5 minutes from your place. :D Since Brad is kicking in the other $100, I'll kick in the burger and beer at Archies. Don't forget the pics of Ed's...that's what my burger contribution will be for. LOL

Jas

OP
OP
ScubaDude

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always get thrown under the bus, I'm used to it. ;D

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
As long as we're volunteering others for money, Robert's giving me $1000! ;D

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Has anyone thought of asking SEAHUNTER what he is going to do with his boat when he gets his NEW ONE?
Peg Leg

OP
OP
ScubaDude

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes, we're still talking with him.

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Darren in NC said:
As long as we're volunteering others for money, Robert's giving me $1000! ;D

Hey Rob can I get 1k too.... ;D :D :D :D :D

OP
OP
ScubaDude

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also I might add that if anyone knows of any mailboxes or blowers that might be availible please let me know.

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
A mailbox is another name for a prop blower.

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
capt_t said:
where is this boat going to be searching out of?

Mel Fishers "disneyland"......Treasure Coast Florida

Skimmer

Nov 2, 2006
For general info: A "mailbox" is a derivation of the term "Melbox" derived during the 60's when good ol' Mel developed (or maybe his crew at the time did) the concept of directing the force of the props into the bottom, thereby blowing sand away, temporarily exposing hardpan....and whatever settlled its way there. It looks like an elbow macaroni..and folds up out of the way for normal boat operation. Relatively simple...WAY effective.
Don't ever get in the path of one...the intake, naturally is deadly. The output will send you for the ride of your life. A well known story from the 80's in Key West tells of a child, accompanying a National Geographic photographer on (the Dauntless??) I'm not sure...but I remember reading in horror the recount of him getting sucked through one, and killed. The mood around salvage ops in KW was bad for quite a while, i remember. Nothing is worth that, and we all felt that way, and do today.

Skimmer

Nov 2, 2006
Robert...Semper Fi....enough said, I think I'm surprised to hear that ya'll are gonna base your ops out of Sebastian. I was getting the impression ya'll would be here in Port Fierce. It makes absolutely no difference to me, of course, except, I want things to go well for you guys. Its not too late to relocate ops just a few miles south, and I would do that if I were you. I know you'vew been around and diving right south of here...but.do yourself a favor and contact me...and I swear things can go better for the ops with some additional local knowledge. Mike...

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Sebastian as our home port makes good sense for many reasons, least of which is the wrecksites we plan to work.

Thanks for your input Skimmer, however, we have plenty of "local" knowledge.

ps. enjoyed reading your article "Second Day Out One Great Find"

Tom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread