Very cool find. Well done.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks to all have not found an answere yet, but will keep looking

Have you had it tested to see if it is Silver? It appears to be a Silver Bar! The engravings or etchings could be Native American Indian over the original stampings which could have been Spanish. Just don't show it to or have it tested by just anyone as it could be a significant find but then again, maybe not.

Frank

OP
OP
B

Bugeater

Greenie
Jun 7, 2008
Thanks to all for your input, seems my friends scale needed new batteries as the weight was actually 4.89 ounces and tested to be brass. Still not sure what all the markings mean, but again thanks for all the input

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks to all for your input, seems my friends scale needed new batteries as the weight was actually 4.89 ounces and tested to be brass. Still not sure what all the markings mean, but again thanks for all the input

I am not saying that the analysis was wrong but due to color of the bar, it sure does not look like Brass, so I would have it tested by a trusted professional that can test for Silver.

Frank

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a silver ingot, imo. Have it examined by an expert, DISCREETLY.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jreverquest

May 28, 2014
Gastonia, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

So many possibilities with this as Im in NC and we have the graveyard of the Atlantic on our coast and after bad storms things can wash up... You have to remember that all metals were precious in those days and could have been mined and of course cast into that bar... I agree with others that it could possibly be a mixture and easily give a false reading if you are just looking for one type of metal that is in it... Im trying to look in some old books I have to see if any of the symbols apply and if so I'll let ya know anything I may find... Either way its historic and apart of our history so its going to be worth something no matter what.... very interesting find and could lead to much more....

JR

DigitNY

Jan 1, 2013
Cortlandt NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab 305, Fisher CZ70 Pro, Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure what it is, any ideas. Found on the beach. Aprox size is 2 3/4 inches long, 3/4 inch wide and 3/8 inches in depth, Thanks for any info
I believe pens fan got it, the Chinese or Jewish hang them by doors for good luck

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Silvestri

Apr 29, 2006
suncoast sw florida
Detector(s) used
eyes in my head for now
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks oriental...looks like brass....looks lucky..I'd hang on to it...great find btw...!!

Also..good to be back on T-net...nice to see a lot of the same old faces still in the hunt with intelligence and exuberance being the operative Modi Operandi...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread