ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Why not out here in the open, where everyone can read and learn...I have a Pulse 8X, what do you need?

Jason

DennisB

Jun 13, 2006
Clinton Twp Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett's Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jason,

Is this what I need this summer to work the sites with you guys? I was invited by one of your guys to come down and dive.

Dennis

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You must be thinking of Seahunter and the Jupiter Inlet wreck perhaps?

DennisB

Jun 13, 2006
Clinton Twp Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason didn't work with rio bravo or seahunter last summer?

Dennis

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The Pulse series works great, so does the Garrett Seahunter, Aquascan, Minelab, etc. For saltwater, you REALLY want a pulse induction detector in my opinion. These will give you much better results, and go deeper into the sand than most VLF detectors.

Was it SeaHunter (Scott) who invited you to dive...just curious as "our group" has only made one invitation that I'm aware of...and her name aint Dennis. :D ;) I'm kidding with you, back to your point, any brand name PI detector will get the job done...I love my Pulse 8X, but for the money I don't think you can beat the Garrett really. I dig everything underwater, so discrimination is not all that important to me.

Jason

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ahh, yes, I spent 3 glorious day and nights on the Rio Bravo....GREAT BOAT! Joseph Saucier is a wonderful host. Scott (seahunter) who set the whole thing up is a great guy too. Both of them have my seal of approval, from that group...came another group...hence our confusion. LOL

Jason

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Dennis,

Jason did dive with us on the RioBravo with Seahunter. I am not sure if you were thinking of me, but I know I invited you down to dive with me anytime.

As for a detector, you can't beat the Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II. The only thing that could have improved my Sea Hunter was a probe like the Fishers. But I have now solved that issue and built an underwater probe for the Sea Hunter that will detect coins at 4+ inches. Lets see the Fisher do that!

Garrett Sea Hunter $640
Probe DIY $75

Fisher Pulse 8x $1600
Probe for Fisher $250

I will have to post a thread on my probe. I have to give thanks to Carl and Joe over at GeoTech forums for helping me out.

Robert in SC

DennisB

Jun 13, 2006
Clinton Twp Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Robert it was you. I just didn't want to throw your name around like I was someone special. I just want to know what I need when I show up. Am almost done with padi cert. Getting excited. Got some nautical maps coming this way of the area cause I don't know how to make them bigger in my puter. You guys are great with the responses of maps and such but when I can't print them off to size it don't do me no good. Anyway thanks for all of your responses and I hope to meet you soon.

Dennis

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Good luck on the certification Dennis, get as many dives as you can in befoe heading out to treasure hunt. You want to be comfortable with your gear and bouyancy so you can focus on what the detector is telling you. :D

Jason

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey Rob!!!

Where the hell are you getting those prices...I just paid 1,600.00 for my JW Fisher pulse 8X.......

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Uh Oh! The Sea Hunter feaver may be catching on! I will have one ready when I come down the week after Easter my friend! April 7th - 14th. Would like to do some diving if the weather cooperates.

I think you will be surprised at the depth I am getting with it! 4+ inches.

Robert

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
So Robert...any chance you can convert this design to be used on a Pulse 8X? I'd certainly build one if you show me the way brother. I've probably got all of the electronics I need already, and I'm not afraid of my soldering iron. :D I guess i could trade my Pulse in on a Garrett. :D

Dinkydick

Oct 2, 2004
Jason, don't you dare trade.

I am planning on building a probe for the Pulse 8X but, I
haven't gotten around to it as I am overloaded with other
more important things.

Robert give me the info you have on your probe and I will
see if I can modify it for the Pulse 8X. How about the graphite
rods?

Dinkydick

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
O.K. I have a question.
What about the Fisher Pulse 10?
Was out doing a little location work and got some good readings
Going back in a few weeks and use a GPR.
Things are looking up-for a change ;D ;D ::).
Peg Leg

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Most of the professional treasure hunters use the Aquapulse. It will blow the Pulse 8X away. I found a shotgun shell 12" deep with the huge 14" coil. I got this set from Da Moimaid. It comes WITH a probe and two coils for $1,400 new. Chagy, Tom had one for sale for $600. You should have grabbed it!

Attachments

• detector.JPG
    detector.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 204

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Jason,

If I could get the connector for the Pulse 8 I could make one up in a flash. Garrett will actually sell you the connector for $20, but other companies keep theirs proprietary.

Pete, I think they are talking more about the use of the probe. The Aquapulse does have the robe as well, but it only picks up a coin at about 2-3 inches. I am getting 4+ with the probe I made for the Garrett. Not to say the same probe couldn't be made up for the Aquapulse and it would detect at even further range.

Robert

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread