New English edition of "Galleons and sunken treasure"

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Certainly one of the most remarkable books on treasure hunting that I have ever read, Galleons And Sunken Treasure by Claudio Bonifacio was published by Signum Ops several years ago and placed for distribution where it received little attention. Because it contains so MUCH information about the Spanish treasure ships, it needed an index. LO! After about 40 man-hours, I built a thorough index for it (about 20 pages long with more than 1000 entries). Also redid the cover, as shown here, lowered the price to $21.95 and placed it on Amazon. Truly one book that every salvor could sink their teeth into. The details are breath taking, and the wreck listings are a monumental testament to Claudio's years of prowling through archives in Seville and elsewhere. I am proud to have brought it to the English speaking world! Lubos Kordac, hats off brother! This was a worthy translation.

Attachments

• GASTCoverRevTwo.jpg
    GASTCoverRevTwo.jpg
    285.6 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Got it, great book................especially for the Caribbean area!

OP
OP
Vox veritas

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Certainly one of the most remarkable books on treasure hunting that I have ever read, Galleons And Sunken Treasure by Claudio Bonifacio was published by Signum Ops several years ago and placed for distribution where it received little attention. Because it contains so MUCH information about the Spanish treasure ships, it needed an index. LO! After about 40 man-hours, I built a thorough index for it (about 20 pages long with more than 1000 entries). Also redid the cover, as shown here, lowered the price to $21.95 and placed it on Amazon. Truly one book that every salvor could sink their teeth into. The details are breath taking, and the wreck listings are a monumental testament to Claudio's years of prowling through archives in Seville and elsewhere. I am proud to have brought it to the English speaking world! Lubos Kordac, hats off brother! This was a worthy translation.

Thanks Terry. With my book I wanted to contribute a bit modest knowledge of historic shipwrecks and certain truths, many of which still remain to be revealed, and that undoubtedly will surprise more than one person.
Claudio

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

thetigers2

Apr 20, 2009
Homosassa,Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS & my good old eyes...Oh and my Mischievous Mermaid a helping...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ordered mine from Amazon today.....Also got "West of the Bull"

OP
OP
Vox veritas

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know that from my book, the chapter devoted to the treasury of the Spanish war frigate Mercedes (1804) was used as the main argument in the allegations of the complaint against Odyssey Marine by Spain and was also used by Odyssey Marine in court? I searched the Mercedes in 1982 with a release of the Portuguese Navy (in Portuguese territorial water). There are many interesting aspects of the treasure that Odyssey Marine "supposedly" recovered from the frigate.

thetigers2

Apr 20, 2009
Homosassa,Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS & my good old eyes...Oh and my Mischievous Mermaid a helping...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my books Today,can't wait to read them..... 100_0689.JPG

OP
OP
Vox veritas

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to write the second part of Galleons and sunken treasure but approach to shipwrecks in the Americas and the Philippines. For those who have read my book, I would appreciate a review. Thanks VV

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic

It was my pleasure to work with Claudio and Terry and I am honored to be part of this project!
This book should be a must for any serious treasure hunter.

Best regards,
Lobo

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Mine arrived a couple weeks ago. Thanks!

I'm plagued by deadlines this month, but I'll try to read & review it next month.

OP
OP
Vox veritas

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear friends,
I am currently preparing the second part of "Galleons and sunken treasure." It will be many shipwrecks in U.S. and Latin America, and some others in Spain and Portugal. For the English edition I hope to have the support of Lubos - Terry.
Regards VV

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I can't wait. Let us know when it is available. Your first book is excellent!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread