Treasure Expo 2007

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
O.K.
HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE SOMETHING YOU WANT TO SHARE WITH THE GENERAL PUBLIC or a Potential Investor?
How many of you have something to sell like a Book. artifact, coins etc?
I know that some of you may think that what you have is priceless and want to keep it a secret these are not the people who would be interested anyway.
This OFFER is for those that want to share with others and get a chance to meet some strangers who have no idea what Treasure Hunting is all about.
This event will be advertised as a ONE DAY event. Yea I know that some of you may think this type of event is below you. If you do not want to be a part of this project that is fine with me but if you want to meet people and show some of you finds then contact me by PM and we will talk about it.
Have a great day-I sure will.
Peg leg

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Peg,

Out of all your crazy ideas, wild notions and concoctions, this is actually a really good one. I have been thinking about this for some time.

Basically a TreasureNet Convention! Set a date, make arrangements and everyone get together. We could have Bob Marx come and give a lecture and maybe even get some of the other veterans like Bob Weller, Art Hartman and others.

Like you said also, if there are some people who would like to bring displays or push a book they have been writing, that could be done as well.

Funding could be handled by selling Sponsorships and tickets in advance.

I would like to get some feedback from other members and see what they think.

Robert

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGecy said:
Peg,

Out of all your crazy ideas, wild notions and concoctions, this is actually a really good one. I have been thinking about this for some time.

Basically a TreasureNet Convention! Set a date, make arrangements and everyone get together. We could have Bob Marx come and give a lecture and maybe even get some of the other veterans like Bob Weller, Art Hartman and others.

Like you said also, if there are some people who would like to bring displays or push a book they have been writing, that could be done as well.

Funding could be handled by selling Sponsorships and tickets in advance.

I would like to get some feedback from other members and see what they think.

Robert

Robert, Do you know these hunters and historians well enough to contact them and secure their showing?

I like the idea, but would have some concerns...as in where this would be held, open to who? and how would it be secured. The little vero show, a good example. This is actually quite a undertaking and much thought would have to go into it as well as support.

Trez

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the idea, it would be cool to put some faces with names, and see how people are in the flesh. Timing would have be well thought out with the season getting ready to get into full swing it might be hard for some to get off the boat.

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
I have talked with Bob Weller and Art Hartman before and think they would certainly be willing to make an appearance. But I am sure there are others on here who may have a more substantial relationship. Tom Giddus for one. (gdaddyflex) He knows Bob Marx real well. And I am sure there are other members here who may have personal ties that could be used to attract others.

Luis, I forgot all about Burt! I think he would certainly like to be there!

With a group effort, this could be very successful!

Robert

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Trez,

No doubt. This would certainly have to be a group effort! But, it is very doable.

As for who can attend, maybe we have a day that is reserved for only TNet members and have us a big blowout with open bar and dinner or a Barbecue. The next day could be open to the public and even have maybe the Fisher's bring in a display and some items for sale. I have seen their traveling show booth and it would be perfect.

Robert

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Getting everyone to agree on it is not the challenge.

If we build it, they will come! LOL

I think the logistics are the issue. If we announced this as a TNet event and made plans for different events, like Metal detecting the beaches on 1715, or diving with some of the sub-contractors, I think we would have more members than we can handle.

Especially if there is an open Bar!

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
As for who would pay, like I said, we could sell booths to dealers, get advertising sponsors, and of course ticket sales.

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Great idea, Peg and Robert...it would cure cabin fever. Anytime between late October thru late March would be best. Let's start planning for next year so folks could get it on their calendar. Jan-Feb usually has cheap air fares and Orlando might be a double bonus due to cheap fares and for some to plan other family outings in conjunction with the event. Orlando is also close to Webber, Marx, Fishers, and of course the most famous of all...Pegleg! ;D Sounds exciting!

T Hunter

Oct 26, 2006
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Dave45 said:
but what state Florida maybe then we could make it a treasure hunting trip as well
Im with Chagy

I concur ;D
SOUNDS GREAT TO ME. IM FROM DELAWARE AND WOULD LOVE TO COME DOWN AND SWAP STORIES AND DIVE WITH YOU GUYS .. PLUS SEE ALL THE GREATS IN ONE PLACE. PLEASE KEEP ME IN THE LOOP .THANKS FOR THE BEST WEB SITE ON THE INTERNET.. GOOD HUNTING MARK

Dave45

Dec 31, 2004
The Lone Star State
[/quote] SOUNDS GREAT TO ME. IM FROM DELAWARE AND WOULD LOVE TO COME DOWN AND SWAP STORIES AND DIVE WITH YOU GUYS .. PLUS SEE ALL THE GREATS IN ONE PLACE. PLEASE KEEP ME IN THE LOOP .THANKS FOR THE BEST WEB SITE ON THE INTERNET.. GOOD HUNTING MARK
[/quote]

Im in Tex would love to hunt Florida beachs and make the convention BUT aint getten my a#$ in that water theres critters in there with teeth :D

NC_Bob

Mar 9, 2007
WNC
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
Damn, Chagy is difficult to precis, but I'll give it a go: "Yup!" ;D

Grubby: The grog idea might fly - I'm sure we can find a recipe somewhere, in fact, this is probably pretty close to the British version c 1700: a gallon of rum per participant per day diluted with a gallon or so of water and some lime juice. With enough of us weaving back and forth after that we should be able to MD half the state of FL...

If something like this happens (the meeting rather than the grog-induced weaving) I want to be there. --Although I hope I don't have to wait until next winter's down-season to meet some of you folks! If this idea doesn't fizzle, 1) count me in and 2) whoever takes the lead in organizing it throw some crap at me and I'll help.

NCB.

T Hunter

Oct 26, 2006
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
NC_Bob said:
Damn, Chagy is difficult to precis, but I'll give it a go: "Yup!" ;D

Grubby: The grog idea might fly - I'm sure we can find a recipe somewhere, in fact, this is probably pretty close to the British version c 1700: a gallon of rum per participant per day diluted with a gallon or so of water and some lime juice. With enough of us weaving back and forth after that we should be able to MD half the state of FL...

If something like this happens (the meeting rather than the grog-induced weaving) I want to be there. --Although I hope I don't have to wait until next winter's down-season to meet some of you folks! If this idea doesn't fizzle, 1) count me in and 2) whoever takes the lead in organizing it throw some crap at me and I'll help.

NCB.
YEAH I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO HELP YOU GUYS IF THERE IS ANYTHING I COULD DO TO MAKE IT HAPPEN.. MARK

southern maine diver

Feb 24, 2007
South Berwick, Maine
Hi All...

I know I'm relatively new to this forum and I don't carry much weight, but count me IN IN IN on this! :D
Anywhere south of the Mason/Dixon line has got to be warmer than southern Maine in Jan/Feb and that is the slow time of the year for many people. I would love to get the chance to meet many of you from this forum, not to mention the likes of Bob Marx and such. And to dive with some of you guys??? Man, I don't know what it's like to dive in warm water anymore.... I'd jump at the chance! ;)

I've attended many bottle shows, Boat shows, dive shows and they all have a common thread to successful attendance and that is organization, advertising and financing. It might prove beneficial to contact an organizer to one of these types of shows and get some input as to how, where and when a show or gathering of this type might be accomplished.

Just some thoughts from the frozen North. I'm sure glad it's starting to warm up a bit.

Wayne

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
So I see there is no shortage of members who would like to be a part of this. The question is, WHEN?

Summer or Winter?

Robert

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
ROAD TRIP!!!! Count me in (as long as I don't have to cook) We have a great pavilion at our marina at Port Canaveral in Cocoa Beach, keep it simple.
diverlynn

SimonLakeSub

Dec 6, 2006
Sounds very do able to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!I agree with Diverlynn,,, Keep it simple at first.............then watch it grow!!!!! Has great excellent potential.

Simon

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
There is also the big pavilion at Sebastian Inlet State park, and its near the treasure beaches, if anyone wants to look.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread