State of Florida Issues New 3 Year Search Permit: 1A-31 to South Seas Explorations

SeaRogue

Jan 14, 2012
Tampa Bay, FL
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Found this one via Shipwreckhunter on Facebook. Does anyone else know more..?

State of Florida Issues New 3 Year Search Permit: 1A-31 to South Seas Explorations

from Joel Ruth..
State of Florida Issues New 3 Year Search Permit: 1A-31 to South Seas Explorations Inc, my exploration and recovery company founded in 2004.This area is the location of the old Real Eight Corporations' mystery wrapped "Pines Wreck" site which was first identified by Kip Wagner and Rex Stocker back in the early 1960 s. The site was subsequently never properly surveyed, mapped or explored even though substantial treasure was and still is being found on the beaches opposite this site after storms. The last state contract holder was The Real Eight Corporation which was dissolved back in 1978. Most recently: The discovery far off shore of a previously unknown cannon pile and coin clumps, which location were brought to our attention by lobster divers last fall, has prompted us to decide to launch our own investigation of the area using our own modern geophysical sensing equipment. The last time any magnetometer work was conducted in the area was by Faye Fields back in 1963 and apart from two anchors, artifacts and coins discovered in the water near the beach, the locations of his other targets further out in deeper water were, (due to the non existence of GPS at the time), never recorded or followed up on. Some of the old timers believe the area possibly contains the missing 1/3 of the 1715 Cabin Wreck--Hampton Court--del Carmen wreck and other indications and opinions are that it is an entirely separate 1715 Wreck not yet fully indentified. Whatever the case, the artifacts found in the area are definitely 1715 material.

sse1.jpg

sse2.jpg

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is it that you want to know?

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Doesn't this overlap the Queens Jewels LLC lease area?

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is not in the Brisben area. Note the double green circumference. The inner is the Cabin wreck boundary. The outer is a buffer. The exploratory boundary polygon is not overlapping. It is an exploratory lease only.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
search permit --isn't a recovery permit ... when will folks learn the game the state plays ...

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I made beach dives in that area in the mid 1990s and recovered early 18th century shipwreck artifacts.

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what happened to those finds Mad4wrecks? Are they displayed anywhere where folks can see what was found?

Patrimony

May 30, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Salvage rights to S-27 (1715 Cabin Wreck) are jointly owned/shared by Queen's Jewels LLC and Double Anchor Salvage Inc and the site has been jointly owned by various other parties since 1984 (Marx-Fishers etc). Each company has its own separate permits, separate labs, separate archaeologist but do share the State Salvage Contract which is issued with both names.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
like I said a "research permit" and a "salvage permit" are two VERY DIFFERANT THINGS ... you can "research all you like and never make a dime" because ONLY A SALVAGE PERMIT ALLOWS YOU TO ACTUALLY TAKE THINGS OFF THE SEA BOTTOM FOR SALE TO MAKE MONEY...

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
I have seen a lot of prehistoric evidence washed onto the beach from that midden near the south end of this lease area (near the museum); however, not a single item of historic evidence. When I was there a day after the hurricane about eight years ago (when beaches were closed for a day). I noticed that most of the midden has since been eroded way--also, since then, capped by fill.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Southern Digger, please email me @ [email protected]. I have some questions about Riverbend/Battlefield park. Tom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread