Treasure ship-what could it be?

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
My question is does anyone have info on a ship missing in the gulf-close to Texas not sure but probably Spanish--a large one about 140 feet long and has almost as much treasure as the Atoca?

Give me the coordinates and I will let you know when I find out! Just kidding!

Frank

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
My question is does anyone have info on a ship missing in the gulf-close to Texas not sure but probably Spanish--a large one about 140 feet long and has almost as much treasure as the Atoca?

The San Esteban had as much treasure as the Atocha and wrecked near Padre Island.

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
" Bounty Hunter IV Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There rumors that coins have been around High Island also around Mcfadin beach near port arthur.
Also on the beaches near Cameron La. This what im search info about.

OP
OP
Curtis

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
San Esteban --- wasn't it already discovered, named and somewhat excavated(one of the three that wrecked at the same time)...right? I need some source of ships that could be grounded on the cost around Corpus Christy. This ship has almost the same contents as the Atocha...boxes of silver and gold....probably peals and emeralds. Has 20 brass cannon and 26 iron ones.Seems like there should be a list of possible ships..ore just missing ships never found?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Easy tiger (L.T.), very few horseshoes in the water for you two. Precious as they are.:laughing7:

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
San Esteban --- wasn't it already discovered, named and somewhat excavated(one of the three that wrecked at the same time)...right? I need some source of ships that could be grounded on the cost around Corpus Christy. This ship has almost the same contents as the Atocha...boxes of silver and gold....probably peals and emeralds. Has 20 brass cannon and 26 iron ones.Seems like there should be a list of possible ships..ore just missing ships never found?
Have you dived on this wreck? I understand the need to be somewhat cryptic but you seem to have very specific knowledge of a wreck that presumably hasn't been officially discovered/salvaged. A little more background about what is prompting the questions might help.

I'm not asking you to divulge too much information, just a little background as to what is prompting the questions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread