Galleon shipwreck in Japan question

bronzecannons

Sep 1, 2005
Oceanside, CA
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Woa, bronzecannons, awesome info. If this works out there will definitely be payback coming your way. Now I can set up a strategy for exploring. Sweet. Many, many thanks.
Just out of curiosity, is there a story about this that I can read. I'm starting to get interested in this Galleon.

What I've given you is a good starting point for your search. IF you can find any positive evidence there - don't worry, there's a lot more where that comes from.
TW

OP
OP
D

Denarius

May 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I've given you is a good starting point for your search
Yes you have, and thanks again.
I'll probably get out there in Sept. Looking forward to it now that I have a better idea of where to look. Btw has anyone tried to look for the wreck? I have no idea what the law would be about finding treasure in Japan.

bronzecannons

Sep 1, 2005
Oceanside, CA
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yes you have, and thanks again.
I'll probably get out there in Sept. Looking forward to it now that I have a better idea of where to look. Btw has anyone tried to look for the wreck? I have no idea what the law would be about finding treasure in Japan.
C:\Users\Tony\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.jpg

I tried to copy and paste some info regarding your question if anyone has tried to look for the wreck but it didn't attach. The answer is 'Yes'. I'm off to work now, will try again next time.
TW

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Denarius

May 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks bronzecannons but I couldn't get the attachment to work.

OP
OP
D

Denarius

May 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how's this??
Awesome. This treasure hunting thing is a lot of fun, and I haven't even started yet. I can't imagine what it's like for you folks in Florida where there are way more wrecks. I talked to my coworker and it looks like we can get out there at the end of the month. Should be fun.
Thanks again bronzecannons.

bronzecannons

Sep 1, 2005
Oceanside, CA
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Awesome. This treasure hunting thing is a lot of fun, and I haven't even started yet. I can't imagine what it's like for you folks in Florida where there are way more wrecks. I talked to my coworker and it looks like we can get out there at the end of the month. Should be fun.
Thanks again bronzecannons.

I'm not in Florida anymore. Have moved back to California where I love much more than Florida. Good luck and have a good one!
TW

monita.secreta

Jul 18, 2014
Tarragona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark / Fisher CZ-21 Quicksilver
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'm currently reading Galleons and Sunken Treasures and I read a reference to the galleon San Francisco that wrecked in Japan. As I'm living in Japan now it caught my interest. Does anyone know where exactly this galleon went down? Any way to find out? It may be mentioned later in the book but I'm trying to savor the book. I don't want to rip through the book too fast.
Thanks

The best way to go about that is to visit a University, since they keep records on a lot of things and many of the Professors research these types of things out.

OP
OP
D

Denarius

May 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best way to go about that is to visit a University, since they keep records on a lot of things and many of the Professors research these types of things out.

The University of Tokyo is nearby and I often teach students from there. The problem is that they are the elite uni in Japan and they think that way. I don't think that it's only a Japanese thing but the elites here can be very proud and protective of their turf. I don't think that the archaeologists would help me out if they found out that I'm looking for the only (one of the only) galleons shipwrecked in Japan. Even if I'm just a wanker armed with only an ACE 250. (for now)
Good suggestion tho, I'll run it through my brain cells an maybe I can come up with a strategy.
Thanks for the advice.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The University of Tokyo is nearby and I often teach students from there. The problem is that they are the elite uni in Japan and they think that way. I don't think that it's only a Japanese thing but the elites here can be very proud and protective of their turf. I don't think that the archaeologists would help me out if they found out that I'm looking for the only (one of the only) galleons shipwrecked in Japan. Even if I'm just a wanker armed with only an ACE 250. (for now) Good suggestion tho, I'll run it through my brain cells an maybe I can come up with a strategy. Thanks for the advice.

From your terminology, you're obviously from blighty or have spent a bunch of time around del boy's, Rodney's and of course the holy grail of Brits........Oz?? Ha ha.....good luck.

OP
OP
D

Denarius

May 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually Canadia. But then again we are all just from the colonies ain't we.

OP
OP
D

Denarius

May 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are all over. in fact.... Oh never mind.

OP
OP
D

Denarius

May 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Smithbrown, that was interesting. I bookmarked the site.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions