Bahama permits??? anyone know the statis

Bahama Jim

Feb 4, 2013
Detector(s) used
minelab Excaliber
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been off the site for a while, did not hear of anyone getting permits in the Bahamas, the Government is in such disarray over there, no telling what's going on. I considered applying, but it looks like a waste of money just to look around. I know of some wreck sites, but not sure of any value to them,,, but if I got lucky I would like to get a permit,, I really don't mind paying the Government their fair share, but government is so mismanaged over there don't know if I even trust them. The Bahamas Government is almost as corrupt as ours.... just saying

AUVnav

Mar 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatever happened with all of that permitting and requirements? Last I remember, they opened it up for permitting, but it seemed that the permitting was either stalled, or the requirements to salvage too onerous.

Did this finally move forward?

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It was all a scam. The PM Perry Christie took everybodys deposit and it's all over. He has no intention of issuing any permits.

captbonnie

Jan 22, 2007
Vero Beach FL
Detector(s) used
AQ1B
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
No scam.
There are 100s of shipwrecks along the US coast - I wonder why all the US salvors so anxious to apply in the Bahamas aren't working in their home country? Just a thought.

diverdan

Jun 16, 2011
Ellenton, FL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bonnie have you ever tried to get a salvage permit in the US? It's nearly impossible. Florida has issued 3 permits in the last 20 years.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Bonnie have you ever tried to get a salvage permit in the US? It's nearly impossible. Florida has issued 3 permits in the last 20 years.

The Bahamas not issuing any "yet" doesn't appear too bad then in only 3 years. ( following moratorium lift)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread