SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Looks easy to use underwater?? image-3549996798.jpg Sorry about the title mistake....

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks easy to use underwater?? View attachment 1028096 Sorry about the title mistake....

Looks like an 8 inch Aquapulse coil to me...actually though, there are other PI coils that look very similar...Some unusual Eric Foster models have coils that look nearly identical...but the title of the video makes me think it is almost certainly an Aquapulse...

OP
OP
SADS 669

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
JM,

You're the best, thanks, I will "pursue" such a model and see what sort of bank loan I need to get one ha ha,😊

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JM,

You're the best, thanks, I will "pursue" such a model and see what sort of bank loan I need to get one ha ha,

No problem. Sads. That is a really cool documentary...I just wish the guy would have found more than a couple of lousy musketballs on his Atocha dives !!!

Anyway, I went to the video on Youtube and at around the 30:40 mark you can clearly see the top of an Aquapulse control pod strapped to the diver's waist as he drops into the water...so there is no doubt it is an Aquapulse...Great, great detectors...expensive, but incredibly rugged and reliable...super hot on silver...incredibly deep on large targets...there is nothing like them.

OP
OP
SADS 669

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks again, great to have confirmation and a review.

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definately the Aquapulse Detector... Runs about $1300-$1500 depending on retailer and accessories... I have one and they are phenomenal underwater metal detectors... Well worth the money.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definately the Aquapulse Detector... Runs about $1300-$1500 depending on retailer and accessories... I have one and they are phenomenal underwater metal detectors... Well worth the money.
Damn that is a high dollar piece of equipment,but judging by what you are holding in your hand there,it probably wouldn't take long to compensate for it!I would "Love" to do what you ocean hunters do!That would be like digging in a different world,not to mention the possibility's of what you could find.must be nice!

OP
OP
SADS 669

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Dig iron,

Big ocean though and no maps of old dumps, parks or places where stuff might be ha ha😊

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dig iron,

Big ocean though and no maps of old dumps, parks or places where stuff might be ha ha��
So do you guys just comb the ocean floor until you start getting into some sound,"looking for indications of ship wrecks and stuff",or do you mostly just hunt for stuff at random?Bet you guys look over your shoulder allot for sharks and stuff:o

Last edited:
OP
OP
SADS 669

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey Dig, It's more of a Sherlock Holmes type thing. If you find a piece of old glass or iron embedded in the rocks of the beach, good chance a wrecks out from there.

Or as I do go out for fun and let the wind blow the boat with me hanging on to the anchor and hope to see some cool shi.....stuff. The treasure for me is in the search not the salvage. If you find some sign of wreckage then go get the MD for a good look around.

Sharks are only an issue for spear fisherman when the viz is good, they don't bother you generally if you leave them alone. Barracudas are very curious and often scare you a bunch if you look to the left and it's suddenly 2 feet away.

Last edited:

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Aquascan International Ltd - AQ1B
https://www.facebook.com/AquapulseUSA

I believe Aqua-scan are the manufactures, Aqua-pulse the US Distributers?

I was going to get one while in the UK next month, but think I'll get it from the US as the exchange rate works out better I think?

I'm pretty sure someone on this forum has connections to Aquapulse - US (possible Salvor, Jolly or ZDD???) so hopefully they could chime in with the details? (and a discount:laughing7:)

see what great machines they are;

48 gold coins found with Aquapulse ? 1715 Fleet | Aquascan Blog

great accessories too - large coils, wands etc

OP
OP
SADS 669

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Aquascan International Ltd - AQ1B https://www.facebook.com/AquapulseUSA I believe Aqua-scan are the manufactures, Aqua-pulse the US Distributers? I was going to get one while in the UK next month, but think I'll get it from the US as the exchange rate works out better I think? I'm pretty sure someone on this forum has connections to Aquapulse - US (possible Salvor, Jolly or ZDD???) so hopefully they could chime in with the details? (and a discount:laughing7:) see what great machines they are; 48 gold coins found with Aquapulse ? 1715 Fleet | Aquascan Blog great accessories too - large coils, wands etc

Thanks BVI, I will get on this as suggested. If I can find a place that warrants a better detector than I presently use I will certainly purchase one but the search is still ongoing.

Ps the guys from BVI that have their boat in the Marina here leave on the 12th so your Rum will be on board and can be picked up from Soper's hole at your leisure

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks BVI, I will get on this as suggested. If I can find a place that warrants a better detector than I presently use I will certainly purchase one but the search is still ongoing.

Ps the guys from BVI that have their boat in the Marina here leave on the 12th so your Rum will be on board and can be picked up from Soper's hole at your leisure

Cheers. a carton of orange juice will be fine :thumbsup:

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
just watched it all, very cool!

OP
OP
SADS 669

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Shame about the musket balls though, and now get back to work........did I tell you I am going diving in a few minutes.......?

Last edited:

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Shame about the musket balls though, and now get back to work........did I tell you I am going diving in a few minutes.......?

don't knock the musket balls........ they lead to other stuff!!! :thumbsup:

yes, i'll be getting wet on a two tank this afternoon.

enjoy!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions