1715 wrecks - 299th anniversary

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Today is the 299th anniversary of the 1715 wrecks. Also my one-year anniversary since finding the TreasureNet forum where I've made a lot of friends.

For months I've been writing a screenplay about the shipwrecks, with the intention of bringing it to production, hopefully in 2015.

I'm working with a producer to develop and package the script, & I'm on a tight schedule to deliver certain pages by certain dates.

The timing of dates right now is incredible, & I was just entering the following into my private journal - Thought I'd share it here...

Thursday, July 31
4:38 AM

The deadline to deliver Act 2 pages to the producer (Aug 4) have me writing chronologically this week about the days following the shipwreck. I'm actually writing each day on the exact anniversary of when these dramatic moments truly happened. July 31 - August 4. I just finished all the early-hour horror of the actual storm & wrecking of the ships. I looked up at the clock, & it's about the same time in the pre-dawn hours. And I happen to be in Cape Canaveral while writing it.

It's not exciting to be writing with this ghost-like manner. It's eerie. Sobering. Somber. Real people lost their lives, & they are more than characters to me after all the research & spending so much time exploring their personalities throughout the story. All the artifacts, all the history, everything we talk about on TreasureNet & in the salvage industry are coming to life for me right now. It's kind of awesome & serendipitous, even if I will do a lot of rewrites later.

I think it's a story worthy of telling on the big screen. I'm hoping Hollywood agrees. I hope treasure divers agree. Time will tell.

I'll keep you posted. Just couldn't let this moment pass without sharing...to whoever may be listening/reading.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I can imagine the movie playing with all of the excitement and adrenalin already. Keep at it and the very best of luck.

OP
OP
grossmusic

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks, guys. Hi Jake!

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't wait to see it!

Thanks for your efforts, Tammy!

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great Tammy! I once did some writing myself, only to help keep our shipwreck salvage alive in Florida. I spent a lot of time editing 2 press releases (what was given me to work with) they had places with what could be 2-3 sentences, all joined together as one. Everything needed said in such a way to get our message across to the state. Both press releases became archived (you can still read them), it appears maybe even permanently.

Archaeological Concerns Over Florida State Rule 1A-31

Private Sector Salvors Opposed To Changes In Florida’s Rule 1A-31

A story of the 1715 Fleet should be made, strange events like the way they had to light their lamps, because it was getting so dark during the daytime. The priests all saying Hail Mary as the waves splashed on the rocks. Good luck on your story writing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread