Tommy Thompson the FBI and wheres the loot?

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tommy Thompson the FBI and where's the loot?

SS Central America is the wreck Thompson discovered in 1990 or so. Gold bullion from Calif. Tons of it. Original investors are claiming they haven't gotten their share but there is more to that story.

States and insurance companies sued and initially won the treasure. The smartest Maritime lawyer who ever walked the earth showed them otherwise. Case after case, trial after trial the lawyer ROBOL won. Finally agreeing to 92% ownership to Thompson. But while the lawsuits were going on, don't think any more treasure could be salvaged. At some point some investors sold their rights to a larger business. Far as I know they forfitted rights to the original plan. Anyway TOMMY has been on the run for years. With a lot of cash and probably friends. Screw the feds and the investor blood suckers, if he hadn't found it there would be no treasure.,

So us would-be treasure hunters keep a low profile. NEVER reveal treasure or anything else recovered or your life will become hard. Buy a boat or RV and enjoy life. Screw the IRS, States, lawyers and so called owners. YOU FIND IT YOU KEEP IT...
BB

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Screw the feds and the investor blood suckers, if he hadn't found it there would be no treasure.

If it hadn't been for the investors he wouldn't have found it. Deep submersible robotic vehicles aren't cheap - no investors, no capital.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it hadn't been for the investors he wouldn't have found it. Deep submersible robotic vehicles aren't cheap - no investors, no capital.

You got a point. Here's another: He made a deal with investors, and didn't honor it. Hard to get by that, for me at least.

If you think otherwise, you can see it for yourself in the treasure scene in "Treasure of the Sierra Madre".

Last edited:

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
BL, I agree. T.T. had a contract with his investors. Without whose money, there would have been no salvage.
T.T., belongs in Prison in my opinion.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hi Tommy,

How u doing? You all know he reads this right!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread