Whats under there in the southwest United Kingdom?

pattiewhack

Apr 4, 2008
Vancouver
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
What's under there in the southwest United Kingdom?

Hello all!

I recently moved to Bournemouth, Dorset on the south coast of the UK to study my Masters in Maritime Archaeology. Firstly, let's skip the archie debate. I believe for-profit (salvage) archaeology is a viable way to conduct research and make history available to the public. Not all archaeologists believe that wrecks should be left to rot :thumbsup:

While I'm here studying, I'd love to have the chance to get some diving/salvage/research done. Does anybody out there know anyone who might need help working on a project in the area? I'm a DM with my tec 40/45 tickets as well, over 250 dives, very comfortable in the water, and I have my own gear (except cylinders). As a poor student I don't much fancy the idea of paying 45 Sterling (a week's food!) for a day under the waves, but I'm young, fit, and I have an excellent work ethic so I have no doubt that for the right person or project, an arrangement could be made. I don't have a vehicle so would be pretty confined to the local area, but dive centers do 93 wrecks in Swanage harbour ALONE so I am certain there have got to be some amazing projects/frequent divers in the area.

If need be I can most certainly provide references attesting to my diving ability, work ethic, etc. I'm not asking for money, just some awesome diving. In turn, let my research skills and enthusiasm work for you!

If you would like some help working on a project in the Bournemouth area, send me a PM and I can get in touch with my email and my mobile number.

Thanks in advance! :headbang:

Andrew

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Best of luck.

You might find contacting the local BSAC branches a great way to make contacts and also meet girls oops did I say that out loud?

Seriously, they will guide you and I know they will let you dive with 'em cheap especially if you take on helping them make their club better

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Be sure to check out the Bankes Arms pub in Studland, one of my favorites!

Good luck with the dives!

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That don't take Dubloons........:laughing7:

grantler

Jan 11, 2004
near munich
Detector(s) used
Goldpic,XP ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Andrew ,
Try to get a copy of Treasure Hunting Sites by Jeff Short 1979 ISBN 0 901265 15 2
It has over 1000 sites County by County and plenty 19th Century maps .
Bournemoth is listet with 3 Pages :-))
If you don´t find a copy drop me a PM with adress and I can send you the pages (and more If you like )
grantler

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread