cartoon.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 275

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
PALM BEACH COUNTY,FLORIDA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Darren
I guess it all depends on your perspective. Sometimes even we think we are crazy, when just a little more hard work, faith in what we are doing and persistence would pay off. I know I have felt discouraged more than a time or two. That is the beauty of tnet, when people are being civil to each other and not ridiculing others, it is a place to come for encouragement and camaraderie.

Scott

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
Thanks for the laugh, Tom. It really hit the mark with me, especially as therte is many a true word spoken in jest.

Mariner

Narked1

Oct 11, 2005
Alexandria, Egypt
Hi All,
This sounds almost how my day went today! Took a guy out diving from the dive center to go find what we were told were Graeco-Roman ruins here on the North Coast of Egypt. Dropped in and spent the next 45 minutes or so looking at plastic bottles, empty beer cans, tires, and old anchorages for construction barges. Called it quits after that and surfaced. While at the back of the boat (a ski boat) taking off our gear in order to get back aboard, we were told to hang on to the dive ladder while the skipper moved the boat away from shallow water. Was towed about 50 or so meters and, as I was looking down, we passed right over a couple of roman columns sticking out of the mud in about 6 meters of water! The thing is, we had entered the water so very close to this point and just swam in the opposite direction! At least now we know where to go back too next time.

Thanks for lightening things up Darren.
Mike

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
PALM BEACH COUNTY,FLORIDA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well said Dell

If that doesn't lighten the mood then nothing will. The perfect encore to Darrens cartoon.

However I think there are people who will take issue with you no matter what you say, because of your beliefs.

Real American of them.

Live and let live.

Life is to short, let's enloy ourselves.

There were some who would have violently abused you, but I think they left.

Seahunter

NC_Bob

Mar 9, 2007
WNC
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
Thanks Darren, I think we needed that!

SEAHUNTER said:
There were some who would have violently abused you, but I think they left.

Left...? OK, let's not go there...

Around the time many of these ships were a sinkin some English (?) dude wrote something like "Respect for ourselves guides our morals, but respect for others should guide our manners."

Note to self: respect the guy with the backhoe :)

OP
OP
Darren in NC

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Nice one, Dell ;D I've got a friend who does backhoe work. My respect for him just shot up for him big time! ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread