MDing the beaches:

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
How would a Fisher Pulse 10 work on the each.
Normally it is attached to a torpedo and drug through the water as we all know.
BUT what if it was drug over the sand on a beach. I have come up with a plastic attachment that looks like a giant fresbee that will fit over the coil so the sand does not wear the coil out. The only problem right now is how to carry the 2-12 volt batteries that operates this device.
How do you think it would work on the beach?
Peg leg

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
I have an old electric golf cart and am thinking about installing some really fat tires so I can run it on the beach and since I am DISABLED ;D do you think I would be allowed to do this?
I saw on the Jupiter Inlet Camera this morning where there were fresh tracks on the beach. It also looks like some big swells where you go.
If you come up I will show you the nails.
Enjoy
Peg leg

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
I am also wondering about a way to make a very small backhoe attachment for the golf cart or some kind of AUGER.
or
I can use a portable gas powered FENCE POST auger but increase the size of the auger blades and change the blades from the heavy steel to aluminum.
I guess I had better find out if I would be allowed to take this on the beach.
Peg

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I dont think the state or local cops will allow driving on most beaches. You could find plenty of aluminum beer cans, maybe enough to pay your gas.

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Stevemc,
If you will go to the Jupiter Inlet Camera you will see a set of tracks on the beach so someone is driving on the beach.
I am not into collecting beer cans and the area I would be traveling does bot have that many people anyway.
I sent an email to the Wild Life people and the DEP and asked them HOW CAN A DISABLED PERSON BE EXPECTED TO GO VISIT THE BEACHES IF THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED A WAY TO GET AROUND and since MY transporation is ELECTRIC and will not polute anything.
I kinda put them on the spot in a way which is exactly where I want them to be.
I also asked them WHY they had Handicapped Parking at the beaches if the Handicapped coud not reach the beach anyway.
It was a little more involved but you get the general idea.
Can't wait to see their answer-if they ever answer :-\
Now back to Treasure Hunting.
Peg

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Peg Leg, the tracks are most likely turtle watchers and lifeguards, using ATVs. Some beaches use seaweed scrapers, which will pick up seaweed and smooth out the beach.

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
You are most likely correct and I also believe this was an ATV and I believe it was a Turtle Watcher. I believe that the only time this beach was cleaned was after the Hurricanes when all the SHIPWRECK wood was washed ashore. This wood was piled up and taken to DUMP. If it is not Gold or Silver the State does not want it around. So much for History.
BUT I can tell you that I am working on a deal to take all the wood myself and doing something with it like making furniture out of this material and maybe a few lamps.
Later
PEG

Rusty Sailor

Feb 26, 2007
I have seen electric wheelchairs with specialized wheels on the beaches in Clearwater, Indian Rocks, Reddington, St. Petersburg, and Sarasota.

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Cappy Z. said:
It was my understanding the wood from the ships is long gone.?

Cap Z.
No Sir,
There is still plenty of wood out there in fact the last hurricane washed ashore so much wood that they had to haul it off to the dump using FT Loaders-what a shame.
PER LEG
BTW, SEAHUNTER is holding a couple of 2 foot pieces for me right now.
RUSTY SAILOR. I have one of them but will have to modify it to carry everything I will need
Great Idea. I can extend the lenght and add a hitch and add a trailer or a wagon like SEAHUNTER and ADD SOME BIG BALLON TYPE TIRES but I must also figure out how to charge the battery in the thing or carry an extra one. Man will this thing get heavy or what.
Peg Leg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread