Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II

Dinkydick

Oct 2, 2004
Re: "Build Your Own Hooka" book on Ebay

RGcey:

What do you want to know about HOOKA gear?

Dinkydick

OP
OP
rgecy

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II

Dinkydick,

I want a fool-proof plan to build my own Hookah Rig!? We have had discussions on another thread but its kind of piece mill.? I need a step by step plan including parts and supplier list.

Thanks for your help,

Robert in SC

Teburshock

Dec 13, 2004

Hi Guys, Me too wants to know about hooka. :)

I've try searching in google. I've got weird ans. try it you'll know what I mean. :)

Teburshock

OP
OP
rgecy

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II

I got some wierd sites as well. I have seen it spelled "Hooka" and "Hookah". Which is right? I believe "Hookah" is correct. This is the way I have seen it in most books and sites. If you search for "Hooka", you get a bunch of pot smoker bong sites!

Robert in SC

C

Copper

I've never purchased this book nor built one of these but I'm in the market for such equipment.

Those tanks and all that weight are a pain in swimming area shallow water and the hunting takes time. Swimming holes are some of the hot-spots left today.

Maybe I'll start looking into it.? I just need to remember not to mount the exhaust pipe too near the intake valve? :P

Dinkydick

Oct 2, 2004

To all you guys that want information on building a HOOKAH rig:

Most of my diving in the past has been when using a portable compressor. I have built many but, with the liability problems we are all experiencing I am somewhat hesitant to give out building particulars.
If you are really qualified as SCUBA divers and would like to build a working portable compressor send me a PM with your phone number included. They are not cheap but, they last a long time. I used one for 10 years.

One requirement I have for any portable compressor is that it be powered with a Honda motor. I have tried all the other brands and if you really want a dependable air source Honda power is the only way to go.

If you are handy with tools and building things they should be no problem. They are not real cheap.

I can offer many suggestions for different set-ups. I have to take some pictures of my set-up. I don't use floating unattended diving compressors. I believe they are very dangerous. I can also offer plans for communications.

Let me know.

Dinkydick

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Robert,

I have a copy of that book somewhere around here. Haven't looked at it in a while, but I recall that it was pretty good, and had a fair number of sources for parts & such. Written by Andy Sabisch, I think. The book now being sold is a newer version than mine, so it will probably have updated sources.

- Carl

S

seal

Sorry about this but what exactly is a hooka??

C

Copper

Anyone know of a good supplier for commercially made Hookah's?

My work has been keeping me so busy I'm not going to have time for do-it-yourself.

Copper

Z

zeuss69

Try keen engineering i have a t8o air compresser and hookah on my dredge.But my dredge is not a keen so it did not come on it i added it later.Get a 5.5 motor and a t80 withair filter and 30 ft air line.Make sure you get diving air line not the kind at auto store it can kill you.I have keen air line.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread