MDing the beaches

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
I'm up here in RI, and most of New England is getting pounded with that same NorEaster. And here I am... Sitting in my office...

#@$%$#% job!
steve

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Maybe it time to change locations.
The temp outside is around 74 degrees. ;D ;D ::)
Peg Leg

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Everything will still be there when you come down for the event in Aug. Who knows there maybe even more if we get a storm or 2 and I know there will be plenty laying all over the beaches. In fact there may be something available right on the beach near the Holiday Inn.
Just think have breakfast, walk to the beach, turn on your MD and pick a gold coin or two. Now that would be a trip worth taking ;D ;D ;D
Peg Leg

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
If you will go to JUPITER INLET CAMERA you will see 8 people MDing this beach. Now check across the Inlet. There is not a sole doing anything and this is a PUBLIC BEACH.
MOST people are like sheep they muct follow someone else.
I WOULD SUGGEST THAT IF YOU WANT TO FIND SOME TREASURE GO ACROSS TO THE NORTH SIDE OF THE INLET.
Let me know how you make out.
Peg leg

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Or go to the South side of Sebastian Inlet. Peg, since you LOVE heavy equipment on the beach, I thought I'd show you what Laura and I followed down the beach. They are dredging up the bottom of the inlet and dumping the spoil right on the beach a mile or two South. not bad hunting if your the first guy behind the heavies.

Attachments

• beach.jpg
    beach.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 384
OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Great picture,
I wonder where the State of Florida WILDLIFE people are or the DEP.
This is TURTLE NESTING TIME and according to the LAW there canot be any heavy equipment operatig on the beach. Notice the lights? This is also against the LAW after the sun goes down.
OH WELL.
This would be a great place to MD for sure.
Peg leg

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Not sure how they do it either Don, there were markers on the beach that looked awefully similar to the nest markers, but they may have just been survey markers....who knows. The cool part was when we were a few hundred yards off shore working on the Cabin wreck, you could literally see the depth they were dredging at by the color of the sand they were dumping on the beach. They started dumping right next to the inlet and worked their way southward. The sand gets darker and darker as you move South. Eventually they'll be vacuming the bedrock and somebody will have a great day on the beach. We had to leave before they got to the really black sand, but they were getting close.

Jason

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Just think after the next real storm they can rename the beach ZEBRA BEACH and a Zebra is nothing but a Jackass with strips ;D ;D ;D.
Peg Leg

Capefearsman

Mar 5, 2007
Cape Fear, NC
Detector(s) used
XLT,Double Eagle
They were doing a dredging project in KB, NC and they were half way complete and they were stopped because of Birds and Turtles.
cfm

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread