School Report; Help Quick

C

CarolinaGurl333

Hey Y'all

I'm going out of the country for 2 weeks to Spain and it's part of my school assignment to write a report answering how all the money from the New World impacted Spain and It thought you guys would be the best to ask! Please post soon! :)

Thank you very much,
CG

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It impacted all of Europe since Spain bought lumber from the Black Forest of Germany, fresh vegetables from France, sailcloth and cordage from Russia, etc. The Spanish refrained from developing their own natural resources and led to Spain's downfall when the gold ran out around 1825.

OP
OP
C

CarolinaGurl333

Thank You very much! Do you know which ruler was in charge during that time?
PS- trust me; I won't do drugs!

sincerely,
CG :)

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The periods are listed first, then the chronological order of the rulers. This is all I am going to do for you young lady! You will have to Google the rest, like I did. ;D

Castile and León
1474 - 1504 Isabella
1504 - 1506 Joanna the Mad (Habsburg)
1506 Phillip I
1506 - 1516 Ferdinand II (of Aragon, as regent for Joanna the Mad)
Unified 'Spain'
Habsburg Dynasty

1516 - 1556 Charles I (Emperor Charles V)
1556 - 1598 Philip II
1598 - 1621 Philip III
1621 - 1665 Philip IV
1665 - 1700 Charles II
Bourbon Dynasty
1700 - 1724 Philip V
1724 Louis I
1724 - 1746 Philip V (2nd time)
1746 - 1759 Ferdinand VI
1759 - 1788 Charles III
1788 - 1808 Charles IV
1808 Ferdinand VII
French Rule
1808 - 1813 Joseph Bonaparte
Bourbon Dynasty
1814 - 1833 Ferdinand VII
1833 - 1868 Isabella II

OP
OP
C

CarolinaGurl333

Thank you so much Mr. Tom! I really appreciate it. Thank you for all your help!

Sincerely, :)
CG

crzhors

Oct 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse,Excaliber,Pulse8X
If you can find some of the writings of Dr. Eugene Lyons,He has published and presented great info about the economic influence of the lost galleons in the new world.And he's still alive and studying!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well the massive amounts of silver that spain brought back from the new world over the years were mainly spent supporting its huge royal & country debt to other countries---mainland spain's ruling class lived lavishly while not working hard to produce much if any income within spain its self---spain "lived" well off its colonies silver--this helped prop up a lot of the other foreign countries money wise (who often competed with spain to the woe of spain)--- the spanish had a very bad habit ---they imported loads of "fine goods" stuff from other countries and used much of their wealth from the new world to finace the habit of buying foreign goods---it only worked as long as the silver held out--- in the early 1800's when revolts in the new world cost spain its silver producing colonies--- the lack of silver to be made into money and to pay its debts to other countries with,along with spains inability to produce any "real" work after many years of "idleness" led to a very rapid decline in both power and wealth for spain.--in a nut shell thats it. Ivan

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
For many centuries after Cristobal Colon discovered of the New World Spains mayor income came from the treasure fleets the New Spain fleet and the Tierra Firme fleet.....Some times they had spend the money they had not received yet and they had many financial problems when these fleets wrecked or got stolen by pirates or other countries....Also there was allot of contraband since the private vessels had to pay a 20% to Spain.....sometimes it was even better that the vessels wrecked because when Spain send their salvage boats to salvage the wrecks they would recover more treasure that what was listed in the manifests....

http://www.cr.nps.gov/nr/twhp/wwwlps/lessons/129shipwrecks/129facts1.htm

http://www.britannica.com/eb/topic-223931/galeones

http://www.bruceruiz.net/PanamaHistory/treasure_fleet.htm

If you need more help in anything in particular or any specific information let me know....

Good luck!!!!

Chagy.......

OP
OP
C

CarolinaGurl333

Thank you all very much! It made a great paper and I REALLY appreciate it!

CG

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Now you will have that much more appreciation when your daddy finds a piece of eight this summer! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread