SEVENTH ANNUAL TREASUREHUNTERS COOKOUT

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Done. Also, your book is here. Unfortunately, I have gone back to work, and won't know my schedule for some time. I think Tommy Gore will be here for the picnic, and I will send some books with him I can't get there myself. Otherwise, maybe Joel Ruth can bring some. Hope to be there myself though.
Keep us posted on funding, so we know you are not going into the red.
Terry Armstrong sends

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chuck, I just sent the TreasureWorks donation via your PayPal account this morning.

Tommy

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Raffle prize or Auction piece, you guys decide for Dell's fund........

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1424627935.387432.jpg

Any early bids? Ha ha....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would be great raffle prize.

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
re: name tags
Considering the age of most of us and the frequency of poor penmanship on name tags (especially mine) I may have a t-shirt made with 3 inch high letters. However it strikes me that being readily identifiable in the pictures taken by the state archaeologist's surveillance team (or some FBI/IRS/Homeland Security ScWAT team who haven't heard that Tommy Thompson has been apprehended) may not be a good plan.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Put SADS 669 on your shirt, they will have a hard time finding me, you may even sell movie rights about them looking, barefoot bandit etc....

We probably should ask Gross music to do all the tags, after all, she's the writer

Last edited:

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Put SADS 669 on your shirt, they will have a hard time finding me, you may even sell movie rights about them looking, barefoot bandit etc....

We probably should ask Gross music to do all the tags after all, she's the writer

I used to do calligraphy in the ’70s & ’80s! :o)

(Of course with the advent of computers I can barely sign my own name anymore.)

thetigers2

Apr 20, 2009
Homosassa,Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS & my good old eyes...Oh and my Mischievous Mermaid a helping...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or we can just use the high sign......like in the Sting....

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Opinion requested..........

Darren in NC was kind enough to lend ( or donate) his extensive collection of shipwreck and treasure books to me.

Apart from Mr Marx are there any other authors who are likely to be at the cookout who may be prepared to ink a book or two? Who else of literary note is likely to be there, just a question to you experienced cookout attendees?

Thanks and see you there. Let me know if I need to bring rum......

If I buy a book or six from anyone attending I hope to get their signature on the day .....ha ha

Last edited:

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
I'm afraid many of the authors of your books have passed over the bar. However, it's likely a few that are still around will be there.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
I'm afraid many of the authors of your books have passed over the bar. However, it's likely a few that are still around will be there.
John, I think Burt Webber is back in Miami. You might want to get someone that knows him, to invite him to the cookout.
I would do it, but we have had our differences.
I`d still like to see him invited.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Invitation sent. I Blind copied it to you.
John, could you send me a copy in braille? I had trouble reading the blind copy.
Seriously, I got it and broke out laughing at your last sentence to Burt.
" that he could expect to to find both friends and enemies there."

I hope he can attend. He has a lot of treasure hunting knowledge and life is too short to worry about who likes you and who does`nt.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Are we all gonna wear idiot badges so we know whose who, salvor, rope fish, old man, aquanaut, seeker 41 etc?? Ha ha....

I'll be wearing grey cotton gym shorts, t-shirt, baseball cap, and sunglasses. Tammy (Grossmusic) knows me.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on, we need more people committing to the picnic with donations. Food and entertainment cost money and there is NO reason it should come out of Chuck's pocket in advance...

There were well over a hundred treasure hunters and their wives there last year, lots of food, nice door prizes and great fun. It is a chance to meet other treasure hunters and some TreasureNet members as well...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions