SEVENTH ANNUAL TREASUREHUNTERS COOKOUT

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just sent a little hope it helps.
Every little bit helps and thank you.👍

Just don't want to see the annual picnics end because we couldn't raise a few hundred dollars more in advance... I have been to 4 , this year will be 5 and they were all a lot of fun with good food, good friends and good times........

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Every little bit helps and thank you.

Just don't want to see the annual picnics end because we couldn't raise a few hundred dollars more in advance... I have been to 4 , this year will be 5 and they were all a lot of fun with good food, good friends and good times........

I helped John start the first cookout. Not only was it good fun but we have made a lot of good contacts and new partners in treasure hunting projects.

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'll be wearing grey cotton gym shorts, t-shirt, baseball cap, and sunglasses. Tammy (Grossmusic) knows me.

And I'll be in my typical yellow...unless I'm feeling blue. Or green. And I may dye my hair purple. And I expect to lose 25 pounds by then (ha!). Guess we can't go by looks.

Actually...I'll be happy to be in charge of name tags for real. Would give me a job & make me actually meet everyone. I'll be happy to foot the bill for the supplies.

Let me know if that would help.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
And I'll be in my typical yellow...unless I'm feeling blue. Or green. And I may dye my hair purple. And I expect to lose 25 pounds by then (ha!). Guess we can't go by looks.

Actually...I'll be happy to be in charge of name tags for real. Would give me a job & make me actually meet everyone. I'll be happy to foot the bill for the supplies.

Let me know if that would help.

That's a good idea, Tammy. I'll help if you want.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Chuck, let me know if you need someone to do the raffle.............I look like a bully so I may as well put those attributes to go use ha ha....

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks marty!! :headbang: huge thanks to everyone!!! tammy you will be name tag goddess :hello: and sads you will be raffle enforcer :notworthy:!!!!

thanks to those that have donated,......much more is needed. i am working on a few things and should be able to make a more detailed update this weekend or next.

to all of you that have friends in high places and know the legendary treasurehunters please invite them!!!! if you do facebook or know any treasurehunters that are not on the forums or facebook please spread the word and put out the invitations.
i am trying to make this cookout special since this is the 300 year aniversary/remembrance of the loss of the 1715 fleet. i would like to do something special to honor every treasurehunter that has passed during or after a lifetime of treasurehunting and of saving valuable priceless historical artifacts.
more to come later.
thanks,
chuck.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Seeker, can we see photos of the treasure hunters that have passed over the bar? Maybe ask that people bring photos they have of them and ask one of the publishers to do a book that we can sadly add to every cookout or every 10th cookout if we are lucky, we hope.....

It would be great for the cookout organizer to pass on the book to the next organizer etc etc this way we can all see and meet the legends in living colour.....

If I get a bunch of photos, I can do a loose leaf version if you like.? We could do bio's and funny stories and their finds ( or lack of ha ha) with Each photo

Last edited:

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Favour to ask anyone attending the cookout!

I have my old Military divers knife but the scabbard has long since perished. If anyone has an old " big" knife scabbard in their dive gear that is no longer needed please could you bring it to the cookout and I will exchange a bottle of rum of your choice for it.( or of course any other booze or cash)
Thanks and see you soon
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1426802843.303737.jpg

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Help!

I got this from Chuck in my email:

" I don't have tables and chairs lined up yet, maybe you could ask Daryl for me where he got the ones he brought and what the cost would be. So far only 8 people have made pre-cooked donations!
I'm without Internet right now and have to use my phone for Internet access."

First of all, I'm shocked that so few have ignored the need for money. This is why I stopped hosting the event. I could no longer afford to foot the expense. Now Chuck has taken it on and believe me, it either won't go well or at the very least, won't happen again. I'll also say that someone out there has the means to get tables and chairs. Be it from your church, club, Moose, Eagles, VFW, American Legion or just outright rent them, Get 'er done. Also I would suggest we get back to cooking and not count on a Caterer. Volunteers?

Attachments

• Cookout Flyer lo res.jpg
    Cookout Flyer lo res.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 97

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey John, I will bring my $100 donation with me ( don't know if Chick included that in the 8) if there are any expenses on the day or after that will help with those.......I'll contact a buddy of mine near there to see about help.....

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

thetigers2

Apr 20, 2009
Homosassa,Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS & my good old eyes...Oh and my Mischievous Mermaid a helping...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chuck,just sent a little more for the Cookout.....Now come on everyone lets help...............Mike

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks mike!!!

I have only had about ten people donate by paypal, nearly 100 people attend each year.

l have raffle donations coming from first Texas products, garrett metal detectors, rtg scoops, stavr scoops, and a few others in the works

Kellyco will be there again

music will be provided by Sam millner(sp) , he sang a couple songs last year.

if anyone has access to tables and chairs please let me know!

Thanks again to those that have donated,.......more is needed.
chuck.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'll wait for a Chuck to let me know if, and how we are gonna handle that?

Last edited:

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Kevin, You won the bid for the coin. Send the money off to Dell and I'll bring it to the cookout!
Aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Deb and her daughter Kristen will be selling their handcrafted jewelry at the cookout.

Attachments

• beach booty ad.jpg
    beach booty ad.jpg
    375.4 KB · Views: 100

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Kevin, You won the bid for the coin. Send the money off to Dell and I'll bring it to the cookout!
Aquanut

Hi John,
I forgot how much I offered, can I give it to you at the cookout?
Kevin

Ps your inbox says its full

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread