SEVENTH ANNUAL TREASUREHUNTERS COOKOUT

treasurediver

Mar 13, 2005

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
My costs when I did last few ran between $1800 and $2500. I don't know what Chuck spent on the last one.

Holy moly, that's a lot of loot. I had no idea. This really should be crowdfunded.

treasurediver

Mar 13, 2005
grossmusic, I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.

Are you going to the cookout?
That crowd attending the event, makes up a good crowd for crowdsourcing.

A question as a history detector: do you do research in the Spanish language too?

Would you consider integrating into a crowdsourced project?

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yep...crowdfunding is the key.
WE are the crowd. Chuck and John have been asking the crowd to help fund this for months. I threw mine in the first week and will do what I can this week.
Chuck -What else do you need or need done between now and Friday.

Last edited:

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I believe I was among the first to throw in a few cookout dollars the last couple years, but I never realized it was so much that needed to be covered. I'm sure most people are unaware of the costs involved. I think treasurediver hit on a solution for the future (too late this year). Use the technology & mentality that works these days.

FYI - I'm no crowdfunding expert & have zero Spanish skills (not sure what that has to do with the price of bread).

My screenplay about the 1715 wrecks did just get nominated for an award at the Madrid Int'l Film Festival, & if I could afford to go, I'd hop over to Seville with a translator for a few days in a heartbeat! Alas, raising funds is not my forte in any arena. If it were, the film would already be in production & this cookout would be overflowing with cash!

Maybe by next year I'll be of some help in that regard. I'll probably have a few crowd-sourced campaigns under my belt by then. For this year, I'm just "name tag goddess" & that's a stretch of my skillset.

We should probably make sure there are PA announcements at the cookout to get the "crowd" to source the victuals they're consuming.

Last edited:

treasurediver

Mar 13, 2005
I believe I was among the first to throw in a few cookout dollars the last couple years, but I never realized it was so much that needed to be covered. I'm sure most people are unaware of the costs involved. I think treasurediver hit on a solution for the future (too late this year). Use the technology & mentality that works these days.

FYI - I'm no crowdfunding expert & have zero Spanish skills (not sure what that has to do with the price of bread).

My screenplay about the 1715 wrecks did just get nominated for an award at the Madrid Int'l Film Festival, & if I could afford to go, I'd hop over to Seville with a translator for a few days in a heartbeat! Alas, raising funds is not my forte in any arena. If it were, the film would already be in production & this cookout would be overflowing with cash!

Maybe by next year I'll be of some help in that regard. I'll probably have a few crowd-sourced campaigns under my belt by then. For this year, I'm just "name tag goddess" & that's a stretch of my skillset.

We should probably make sure there are PA announcements at the cookout to get the "crowd" to source the victuals they're consuming.

Tammy, thank you for the link about your screenplay. I love the graphics.
I have some fantastic shipwreck stories that I pieced together little piece by little piece of information over many years of research. Of real pirates, Buccaneers and Privateers. If you need material for your writing just let me know.

Of course these are the real stories of real people and real ships and the wrecks thereof. Not every one of the shipwrecks contains a large treasure of cash, but each one has it's own mind-bogling story.

There is treasure, many tons of gold, many more tons of silver, but for myself, the stories is what I like most.

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
On a personal level, I'm always interested in true historical stories. On a marketing level, it's a hard sell, as I was reminded by a producer today.

I'd hate to hijack this thread with too much talk on that. My bad for bringing it up.

I'm just looking forward to the cookout & hoping no one person is stuck footing a big bill.

(PM me anytime, treasurediver!)

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4 more days!!!!!:skullflag:
talked with ray at kellyco, he will be bringing some very nice raffle donations !!!
my wife got ahold of shipwreck bar and grille, they should be getting a gift certificate to tom gidus.

i could use some one near rtg scoops in pompano that will definitely be coming to the cookout to pick up some donations from them and bring them to the cookout.

i dont know what else to ask for except for recommending that everyone bring some camp chairs in case you need them and maybe a covered dish to share, some beer for yourselves and a few friends, and maybe something for the raffle. if you have a spare folding table and can bring it please do so.

there's alot of info in my first post so, if needed go back and read that.

im sure john knows how im feeling right now, i will feel better once the party starts and everything comes together!!!!!

chuck.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Relax Chuck, it will all come together and go well I'm sure...

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'll be there 10 pm Friday, so I am available as cookout slave early doors Saturday.....Tammy promised to bring me a roll of raffle tickets so we're ok there...

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
im sure john knows how im feeling right now, i will feel better once the party starts and everything comes together!!!!!

chuck.[/QUOTE]

Yep!

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yep - I have the raffle tickets & name tags in hand.

What time should I be there? I'm a night owl, but I like y'all so much I'll get up before noon for a change.

Let me know what time you need raffle & name tags!

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hi T,
Any time before noon for me and the raffle........

Last edited:

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Here are a couple items Deb and her daughter will be selling as Beach Booty!

Attachments

• Skull Bracelets.jpg
    Skull Bracelets.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 67
  • Sea Glass Pendant.jpg
    Sea Glass Pendant.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 1 Skull.jpg
    1 Skull.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 73
  • Rose.jpg
    Rose.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 76
  • beach booty.jpg
    beach booty.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 79
OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep - I have the raffle tickets & name tags in hand.

What time should I be there? I'm a night owl, but I like y'all so much I'll get up before noon for a change.

Let me know what time you need raffle & name tags!

raffle should be around 2pm......ish.
chuck.

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I landed at the Melbourne Airport late Tuesday afternoon, and it sure is good to back home at the beachside Casa once again. I'm getting almost accustom to the cooler weather up here in Florida. Looking forward to seeing y'all at the Cookout this weekend.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4 more days!!!!!:skullflag:

i could use some one near rtg scoops in pompano that will definitely be coming to the cookout to pick up some donations from them and bring them to the cookout.

i dont know what else to ask for except for recommending that everyone bring some camp chairs in case you need them and maybe a covered dish to share, some beer for yourselves and a few friends, and maybe something for the raffle. if you have a spare folding table and can bring it please do so.

chuck.
Chuck,
I just sent you a pm with ph# info, I can run up to Reilys/RTG, if you need (today or tomorrow). I'm guessing you talked to maybe Lorraine or Joe? I got their number somewhere here, probably on my scoop, LOL.
Let me know and call or pm back.
(sorry I been absent, too much to explain, just lots going on.....) I is here nows, lol. mew :cat: :laughing7:

eta: thanks for the reply pm Chuck, see ya'll there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
last minute requests.........

anyone have 3 6-8 foot long folding tables they can bring?

bring a side dish if you can.

bring beer for yourselves and some to share.

i will have ten round tables and chairs for each table but bring a camp(collapsible) chair in case you need it.

cant think of anything else right now.

thanks,
chuck.

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
last minute requests.........

anyone have 3 6-8 foot long folding tables they can bring?

bring a side dish if you can.

bring beer for yourselves and some to share.

i will have ten round tables and chairs for each table but bring a camp(collapsible) chair in case you need it.

cant think of anything else right now.

thanks,
chuck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread