Junk in the Trunk?

R

Richie Zacker

I have been diving for 2 years now and never seem to find anything good. I started bringing a speargun along so I could at least shoot a few 11 inch hogfish for dinner. In South Florida, a girl (who Im trying to date) found an old car on the bottom of a canal. She told me that there might be some junk in the trunk if I could wiggle something into the crack so I could see whats inside. Im not sure if there would be anything good inside it, but Ive been trying to get in for quite a while now with no success.

RZ

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I dont know if I want to touch that one! ;) Richie, hogfish have to be at least 12 inches long to be legal, and one that size is real small, hardly worth it. have you scuba dove on this car? You never know whats in it.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
That'd be great if he found Jimmy Hoffa. :-\

Just get yourself a long crowbar and pry that sucker open. Or contact Fisheye here on Tnet and he can use his underwater chainsaw.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dell,

is that 1947 Indian motorcycle still in the canal?

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
she needs to be taken bonefishing................

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Be carefull my friend.
There maybe something in the trunk that would interest the real CSI people.
Peg Leg

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet you wish you had that Indian yet dell.

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
The easy way is to pull the car out of the water and then pop the trunk.
Do you know what type car it is? It could sold as parts or just scrap metal.
Peg

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just get a hammer an chisel,knock the lock off then use a screwdriver to push the trunk release to open the trunk.if theres a suitcase full of money or any other treasure in there,i get 50%. 8)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I prefer Quiet too, Must be Old age :P

OP
OP
R

Richie Zacker

You know, after I posted this I got a message from guy here in town that told me him and his buddy had already hit it. I guess it was a while ago when they were in high school so Im not all that excited about it anymore, but Im going to keep trying it anyway. Not everyday I get the opportunity.

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
RZ,

I wouldn't believe them, go check it out for yourself! I had some oldtimers tell me they had dove out a site and recovered all the crocks (earthenware, not gators) from a spill site near a bridge. None the less, check out my avatar. Theres always more! Go check it out!

FISHEYE said:
just get a hammer an chisel,knock the lock off then use a screwdriver to push the trunk release to open the trunk.if theres a suitcase full of money or any other treasure in there,i get 50%. 8)

FISHEYE, that reminds me of the old Ford Gallaxy 500 my father had when I was little. We had to use a butter knife to open the truck! LOL ::) ::) ::) What a POS!

Robert

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey SWR,
the new Terms Of Use only apply to certain people.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread