Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The first three points I'd require prior to proceeding from behind this computer:
1. A copy of the sponsor's permit to salvage, recover, distribute and bring the goodies back to the States;
2. An opinion from the promoter's attorney that all legal requirements have been fulfilled, including permission from INAH; and
3. A recovery plan. Sonar may detect, but who/how and with what equipment will the goodies be salvaged?
The list could continue to fill the page, but I'll stop there.
Don.....

OP
OP
L

liverock

May 23, 2008
LOL...my thoughts exactly.....as our dock there is just a few miles from the Blue Hole.....I have been diving around the atoll but have never seen any evidence of ancient wrecks.....no ballast...nada...and you would think that lighthouse reef would be jam packed with galleons as every one went right by us there... All-inclusive island resort in Belize with world-class diving! www.itzalodge.com

I have been to the three anchors site, and talked to Burt about it years ago and a few coins came from there, but the wreck is thought to be off the edge.....but that is off Ambergris...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread