93.2 KB · Views: 252

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
"Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men often go Astray!"

ferro cement yaught.jpg

Here is my story of a 50' Yacht (picture just a representation of this)

When I was younger and lesser the wiser, in the 1985's, I was living in the Yucatan of Mexico and was walking on the beaches of Progreso, where I came upon this beautiful 50' Ferro Cement yacht on the beach.
I looked it over and had dreams of bringing in workers and importing British Mahogany wood from Honduras to finish it off.

I had a friend there who was building old replicas of Spanish ships on the beach and he agreed to take a look at it.

He tracked down the Mexican owner who told the story that a rich Miami partner had wanted to build such a boat but on completion he had died of a heart attack.

This man agreed to sell it for $ 500.00

Unfortunately my friend dashed my dreams by telling me that the rain had entered the hull and had eaten away at the re-bar structure and that this yacht was destined for destruction.

Later that year Hurricane Gilbert washed all my dreams out to sea

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forget the boat, watch the beach erosion over time. In a couple years that house will be under water too!

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Forget the boat, watch the beach erosion over time. In a couple years that house will be under water too!

Unless they decide to re-nourish the beach. Ooops that's a bad choice of words here. :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread