Tommy Thompson: Fugitive treasure hunter arrested by U.S. Marshals in West Boca Raton

hobbit

Oct 1, 2010
Do you want to know how I know your position is rooted in jealous butthurt?

That kind of narrative only comes from one place... and its greener than his jail shirt.
He's about to pay a heavy price for whatever misdeeds he may have done, but bitterly criticizing accomplished people who have fallen is a rather obnoxious pastime of the unaccomplished who've never done anything.

I'll have to admit you have a flair for unintended comedy.

Sure I was Jealous of Thompson. I was going to buy an extra mile and a half of hose for my hookah and go after Central
America myself, but Thompson beat me to the punch. Darn that guy.

Incidentally, I accomplish something every time I dive or turn on one of my detectors---I have fun. That's what it's about for me...and that's all it will ever be about. I don't dream of becoming "somebody" in the "TH world". But it's manifestly obvious YOU do.

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'll have to admit you have a flair for unintended comedy.

Sure I was Jealous of Thompson. I was going to buy an extra mile and a half of hose for my hookah and go after Central
America myself, but Thompson beat me to the punch. Darn that guy.

Incidentally, I accomplish something every time I dive or turn on one of my detectors---I have fun. That's what it's about for me...and that's all it will ever be about. I don't dream of becoming "somebody" in the "TH world". But it's manifestly obvious YOU do.

Cute narrative but couldn't be any more wrong. I have no interest whatsoever in becoming 'somebody' in the TH world, as evidenced by the fact that I put less than 2% of my life-effort into it. For me, as you, its a fun hobby.

The difference is, I can recognize a very specific phenomenon when I see it. In your case, its garden variety detraction, of a total nobody criticizing a somebody with lowbrow, loser rhetoric like a "fat chick with herpes". You may or may not realize that in saying something like that, it really speaks directly to the status of your own character much more so than it does his. Why do you do this? What is your motive? Anyone not on their first trip around the block can safely (and accurately) assume why and recognize the cut of your jib for what it is.

You're welcome to the last word here. This isn't a productive conversation.

Last edited:

ibjeepn

May 27, 2012
Butler, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic Whites Classic II
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If his deed would have occurred decades earlier. I believe he would of been more fearful of the result of his decision. He would of been chum on an investors shark fishing excursion. A thief is a thief in my book.

hobbit

Oct 1, 2010
Cute narrative but couldn't be any more wrong. I have no interest whatsoever in becoming 'somebody' in the TH world, as evidenced by the fact that I put less than 2% of my life-effort into it. For me, as you, its a fun hobby.

The difference is, I can recognize a very specific phenomenon when I see it. In your case, its garden variety detraction, of a total nobody criticizing a somebody with lowbrow, loser rhetoric like a "fat chick with herpes". You may or may not realize that in saying something like that, it really speaks directly to the status of your own character much more so than it does his. Why do you do this? What is your motive? Anyone not on their first trip around the block can safely (and accurately) assume why and recognize the cut of your jib for what it is.

You're welcome to the last word here. This isn't a productive conversation.

My comments about Thompson were simply to illustrate how the vagaries of Dame Karma can turn "somebody" into a convict with a blown reputation and a complete loss of integrity. No one will ever trust Tommy Thompson again. And the herpes bit was funny...I got that from the Columbus Dispatch. Perhaps you had better contact the editor of that newspaper and attempt to browbeat him into sugar coating stories about Mr. Thompson. And I absolutely made fun of Thompson's personal assistant---as a public figure and as an accomplice to a crime which has hurt many innocent people.

As to the status of MY character---I am retired military with a beautiful family, three wonderful children and NO Criminal Record. And all my friends trust me. How about Tommy?

In any event, there is one thing I am certainly NOT: a pompous wannabe.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Tommy Thompson: Fugitive treasure hunter arrested by U.S. Marshals in West Bo...

I am a pompous wannabe and I would LOVE for people to "agree to disagree" in a humorous respectful way, or if they can't, then pick on a thick skinned idiot like me!

Come on guys, let's Olive branch this thread back on track! And yeh I know " he" started it...

Last edited:

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
LATEST NEWS
Thompson will go to prison rather than testify about gold he discovered in a historic shipwreck.

Fugitive US treasure hunter Thompson pleads guilty - BBC News
That still isn't necessarily the end of that.
He's going to prison on a contempt charge. They're still probably operating with the assumption he has a lot of gold hidden away. I wouldn't be surprised if an obstruction charge were filed at some point while he's incarcerated, in an attempt to get him to disgorge whatever assets he has hidden.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
I don't want to give the investors any ideas, but a hand cranked generator with some wires hooked to the right place, with his feet in a bucket of water.
Would reveal where he hid the gold in short order.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't want to give the investors any ideas, but a hand cranked generator with some wires hooked to the right place, with his feet in a bucket of water.
Would reveal where he hid the gold in short order.

Oh, trust me, you don't have to do anything like that to get the info. I watched iraqi detainee interrogations, its extremely simple to get info and you never have to touch them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread