Help support UNDERWATER ADVENTURES!

barney

Oct 5, 2006
FLORIDA
All-
We just launched a Kickstarter campaign to find dedicated filming trips to document some insane wrecks, and also feature cool cave exploration, extreme spearfishing, and feature some various marine science topics. The Kickstarter page features just a few of the projects...we have many other cool sites up our sleeves! We hope you will support this project to produce the UA webisodes, which could hopefully lead to full network support.
Please check out the link below, enjoy the promo video, and hopefully support the project. If you can't support the project financially, your assistance with sharing the link will also help us towards our goal. Let's get the word out and look forward to some awesome diving this year!

Cheers,
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Nicely done promo. Nice idea well presented.
I'll send it around to a couple of people and post it on Facebook as a "worth a look" link.
I'd throw in a few dollars but I am a little overspent or underfunded.
Good luck!

OP
OP
barney

barney

Oct 5, 2006
FLORIDA
Nicely done promo. Nice idea well presented.
I'll send it around to a couple of people and post it on Facebook as a "worth a look" link.
I'd throw in a few dollars but I am a little overspent or underfunded.
Good luck!

Thanks for your compliments and support! Every single dollar helps -- and I also greatly appreciate your help getting the word out. That's the key to success.

Cheers,
Mike

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike I'm sorry but your link to your website was removed, our rules require you to be a supporting vendor to advertise your business...

OP
OP
barney

barney

Oct 5, 2006
FLORIDA
Mike I'm sorry but your link to your website was removed, our rules require you to be a supporting vendor to advertise your business...

This is not our business. I have a regular job. This is merely a web series we are trying to fund, but the funding would not result in any salary or anything like that to us. It simply helps to defray boat fuel and other logistical issues. And it does not cover everything - we are still putting quite a bit of personal funding into this to make it happen. I hope you will reconsider given the circumstances.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I wish someone would send ME money so I could go spearfishing and wreck diving.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is not our business. I have a regular job. This is merely a web series we are trying to fund, but the funding would not result in any salary or anything like that to us. It simply helps to defray boat fuel and other logistical issues. And it does not cover everything - we are still putting quite a bit of personal funding into this to make it happen. I hope you will reconsider given the circumstances.

PM me the web address and an explanation about it and I will forward it to admins, they can make final call on it...

OP
OP
barney

barney

Oct 5, 2006
FLORIDA
I wish someone would send ME money so I could go spearfishing and wreck diving.

If you had a track record of identifying dozens and dozens of cool shipwrecks and spearing 400-pound warsaw grouper, perhaps that would happen... ;)

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Mike I don't have your record on shipwreck discoveries and the biggest grouper I speared was 175lb. But if I had $45,000 I could come close!

OP
OP
barney

barney

Oct 5, 2006
FLORIDA
Mike I don't have your record on shipwreck discoveries and the biggest grouper I speared was 175lb. But if I had $45,000 I could come close!

It's not really $45,000. That is our funding goal, but keep in mind Kickstarter gets 3%, this is considered taxable income so Uncle Sam gets a cut, and the cost of a portion of the incentives also comes out of this funding amount as well.

And really, we are not talking about just making shipwreck discoveries and shooting fish. We have been doing that for decades very, very, very successfully without funding. We can keep doing that without funding. BUT -- and this is the important point you apparently forget -- we are trying to document these activities professionally and with a high production value to allow others to learn about and enjoy our discoveries and diving passions. That means a lot of footage is necessary on several dives and trips, and you need multiple shooters (videographers). And not a simple GoPro on a stick. And we are also talking about doing multiple trips where we will likely cover over 400 nm each time (high-octane ethanol free gas). The money gets consumed very quickly. For instance, the SPREE liveaboard out of Key West runs at $6k per 24-hour day. So, if we wanted to charter them for this project that gives us a massive 6 days of sea time when you figure everything into it (and that's if there isn't a fuel surcharge). And we have numerous projects to document spread all over the Gulf of Mexico.

But, if you really think you can do something similar of the same caliber, by all means please put together a project proposal and pitch it. I love shipwrecks and quality diving programs in general, and would be very happy to help support you in your endeavors should you put together a compelling project.

Respectfully,
Mike

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heard back from admins, sorry but it is still a no....

OP
OP
barney

barney

Oct 5, 2006
FLORIDA
Sorry to hear that. But for those that are interested, just search Kickstarter for Underwater Adventures.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey Mike, why don't you enter the St. Pete Open this year? You could easily take first place.

OP
OP
barney

barney

Oct 5, 2006
FLORIDA
Hey Mike, why don't you enter the St. Pete Open this year? You could easily take first place.

I usually go to the SPO for the weigh-in but have not competed as usually I have other dives going on and I am not a competitive spearo...I just do it for fun and on occasional commercial trips with the HeadHunter guys. I am a wreck diver, but the HeadHunter guys are true fish assassins. I'm a hack compared to them.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I usually go to the SPO for the weigh-in but have not competed as usually I have other dives going on and I am not a competitive spearo...I just do it for fun and on occasional commercial trips with the HeadHunter guys. I am a wreck diver, but the HeadHunter guys are true fish assassins. I'm a hack compared to them.

So who speared the 400lb grouper? Was it Dan MacMahon?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread