Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Apr 2007

About the San Roque 1605's Tierra Firme armada.

It is already time that many lies about Spanish shipwrecks and others are discovered and exposed.
    During years it has been said that the four missing galleons in 1605 are in Serranilla bank. This is a mistake!
    I found a lot of documentation in 1616 until 1625, 1672 and 1683 about these shipwrecks. The San Roque shipwrecked in Swan islands (Honduras). In 1611 a Flamish pilot shipwrecked in the island and he found the remains of the galleon, a treasure in land of approximately 1 million pesos that was buried in the island.
    All this relates it, with abundant and irrefutable scientific documentation in my the new book (for the time being only available in Spanish) Galeones con tesoros. (Galleons with treasures).
    The times have ended where ghastly characters diffused news about ghost shipwrecks. Now it is necessary to demonstrate it as I do it in my book.
    All the fans of the maritime history and the galleons with treasures are welcome to have an exchange of ideas and opinions.

http://www.mmoya.com/america/titulos...nes/index.html

us
    Aug 2003
    East Coast
    1717 times

Re: About the San Roque 1605's Tierra Firme armada.

Claudio,
    I understand that you are an accomplished researcher. I also understand that the 4 lost ships of the 1605 treasure fleet all carried bronze cannons and were all heavily laden with treasure. How did you come to the conclusion that the ship that wrecked on Swan Island was the San Roque ? I was under the impression that there were no survivers . Just wondering.

Apr 2007

In 1610 or maybe 1611 a Flamish pilot called Simon Zacarias shipwrecked in the island with other two French sailors.
    This is the transcription and translation of a document of the AGI, section Indiferente General, bundle # 1859:

... of the galleons that in 1605 they got lost, it has been said here that it is true that in the coast of Honduras one has been, that is the capitana (San Roque) that it beached on shore with the storm and it was made pieces.....
    ...... and people jumped on land in an uninhabited island where they had not eaten and all died from hunger.
    ..... in a cabin they found a dead man, sat down, with a Christ and our lady's image and the royal banner so that understood that is the general..... (Luis Fernandez de Cordoba)

Zacarias drew the islands indicating where he left the buried money. These are two images. The island seen from an airplane and the other of the drawing of Zacarias. There are also more than 400 pages of declarations about this matter. Zacarias repeats in several occasions that the opposing galleon fit in some rocks, it was the capitana of 1605.

The Spaniards attempted for three times to arrive at the island with Zacarias, but they were not able to also reach it because Zacarias feared for its life he deceived them.. In fact for these declarations and for the drawings made by the Flamish it is understood that shipwrecked in the Swan island. There is much more details that come in my book and where there is not doubt that the place is the Swan islands.

Maybe the most significant is that Zacarias declared that there was natural gold, and in a map of Honduras 1971, it is marked a mine in the Great Swan, being able to see in the air views that there were mining works.

On July 2003, an Italian underwater archaeologist declared officially in Roatan the discovery of an old jetsam in the island with some bronze cannons.

us
    Feb 2004
    lake mary florida
    Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
    289 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Claudio,

If you are trying to sell a book here in the USA,wouldnt it be wise to publish it in english too? As well as your website.
    Millions of dollars of Spanish treasure await those who would dare brave the eye of the hurricane.

Apr 2007

Well, I am looking for a publisher for the English edition !
    May be Nigel Pickford will help me.

us
    Aug 2003
    East Coast
    1717 times

Claudio,
    Interresting translation. I would really like to see an English version and buy a copy.
    The one point that I don't get is this. If Zarcarias was shipwrecked with 2 flemish sailors and survived. How did the survivors of the San Roque die of starvation ? I've seen pictures of the Island. It doesn't look like any ship would survive after hitting the east coast of the island. There are coconut tress on the island and there was brackish fresh water in the 1600's. As well as a good concentration of crabs on the island. I'd really like to get a copy of your book in english, to fill in the blanks.

us
    ScubaGecko

Jun 2004
    Beaufort, SC
    Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
    53 times

Claudio,

Good to have you back. Its been a while!

I have seen a copy of your book, but my Spanish is very poor. I would like to have an english version as well. Keep us up to date and I look forward to your post.

Robert

Apr 2007

In the island there is military from Honduras, but the water and the food comes from mainland. The United Fruit had a plantation of coconuts and it is possible that for this reason now there are coconut trees. It's necessary not to forget that the galleon took more than 400 people and surely was not so much food. Zacarias and the two French sailors built a small ship with the remains of their own shipwreck. They were in the island short time.
    Also, the name of Misteriosa bank, to the north of Swan islands, it is linked with this history, because in 1673 Gaspar de los Reyes Palacios, the second pilot of the Nuestra Senora de las Maravillas (Bahamas, 1656) he had a secret mission: to recover the loads of several shipwrecked galleons. He received order to looking for the Misteriosa island where a rich galleon shipwrecked. The drawings that I found refer to the Cisne islands (Swan in English) as the Misteriosa island. Gaspar never found it.

us
    Aug 2003
    East Coast
    1717 times

Claudio,

You are a wealth of information. Thank You.

Feb 2007
    U.S.
    Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
    184 times

Claudio;

I did a translation of your summary page for your book at your web and determined that I would like to get a copy of it in English. I would consider helping to do that and possibly get it to press in a limited edition here in the U.S. as I am sure that you could make some sales here. I am only talking about a softback edition that can be printed by smaller printing presses through computer file format. I could do some marketing and sales through www.abebooks.com. and www.signumops.com.

I recently finished Tommy Gore's book, "The Rainbow Chasers", and produced it in a softback edition for him. I would have to rely upon online translation services such as Altavista Babelfish to make the translations, but I bet we could do it that way first, and then make it complete by hand!

Terry Armstrong sends

Feb 2007
    U.S.
    Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
    184 times

Claudio:
    I just got a copy of your book from www.abebooks.com

Bookseller:

Hijazo Libros
    Capitán Cortés, 3
    Logroño (La Rioja), .
    Spain, 26003

I don't know if they had any more copies. It will arrive here in about 2 weeks.

Terry Armstrong sends

Apr 2007

Old man, all for the maritime history and to solve some amazing mysteries.

Charter Member
    us
    Pirate of the Martires

Feb 2005
    Port Richey, Florida
    Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
    1686 times
    Shipwrecks

Hello Claudio,
    I always knew the 1605 fleet did not wreck on Seranilla Banks. Many other researchers also knew it after Pacific Geographic's expedition there in 1992. Roger Dooley pointed in the right direction, either Swan Is. or Mysterioso Banks. Thanks for the info and I look forward to purchasing the english version of your book. It will be a best seller!

Apr 2007

The mystery is: why changed to call Cisne (Swan) from Santanilla. Seemingly Charles Swan didn't navigate for those seas. It's this mystery to solve.
    The historians from Honduras ignore the reason.

Apr 2007

Little Swan island and Zacarias draw
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DOS ISLAS2.JPG 
Views:	1179 
Size:	151.8 KB 
ID:	130177  

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links