Dived some cannons near To San Salvador......

GreenHiker

Jul 8, 2010
GA, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ20, Garrett
Awesome find SADS.

Not too much of a cocoon around them, details still visible. Is the one in front bronze?

Thanks for sharing and Congratulations!

OP
OP
SADS 669

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Both Iron Sadly......( oops is that a pun?)

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Both Iron Sadly......( oops is that a pun?)
Sads669, So you found the other part of the treasure wreck?
Great visability off that island. I`ll see if I can dig up the picture of the cannon and gold bar I saw when I was diving there.
And no I didn`t remove anything. I left everything so I wouldn`t get in trouble.
Congratulations my friend.

GreenHiker

Jul 8, 2010
GA, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ20, Garrett
Re: Both Iron Sadly......( oops is that a pun?)

But they would still look great after a long reverse electrolysis bath!

Best of luck on the ID. Looking forward to your updates.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SADS 669

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Old man, once the wind dies down, I'll try to get back up there, the wreckage, the little I saw that was there appeared to come from the North east so I will follow that trail and with a bit of luck these are the bow chasers ha ha.......

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweeet!!!! very nice finds SADS 669 yes follow the trail from the NE. I hope you find the yellow brick road. Dont be number 7 on the hit list of treasure hunters for the gov.By the way if it is from a pirate wreck they like to plug their cannons and put treasure in them thar cannons. Did any you saw looked pluged?????? good luck hh coop

OP
OP
SADS 669

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks Coop, I will follow your advice and both be careful not to infringe the law and check for barrel plugs. I am just a sub aquanut who loves to dive so on to the next adventure........

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What material did they use to plug cannon with?

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Oh my, SADS! There are guys who wait their whole lives to see this. Wow. Do keep us updated.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Old man, once the wind dies down, I'll try to get back up there, the wreckage, the little I saw that was there appeared to come from the North east so I will follow that trail and with a bit of luck these are the bow chasers ha ha.......
Sads 669, I couldn't find the SD card with the pictures with the bar, but I had saved a picture of one of the 3 cannons that I found in shallow water near the beach that I had saved on my sons computer. I located the cannons by diving from shore. It was a fluke find. I was out walking along the beach on the north end of the island. about a mile from the lighthouse, when I saw some pieces of pottery that was washed up on the beach. The next day I did a beach dive to check the area out. I'll give you the location when I see you at the Cookout in April.

Attachments

• cannon.jpg
    cannon.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 273
OP
OP
SADS 669

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks Old man, I will head in that direction which Is Not that far from the two I saw......maybe there are two wrecks there near to each other, wouldn't that be cook....oops sorry cool...

JrMack

Feb 16, 2014
steuben co. ny
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, x-terra 305/505/705,discovery TF 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you have any indication of what type cargo the ship may have contained, any chests, pots or bottles? Recently at a south Carolina food festivalthey uncorked a bottle of wine from a civil war era shipwreck the "Mary Celestial" and sampled it. Tests on the bottle indicated 35% alcohol, looked like brinw water,couldn't believe they tasted it! Almost anything from that time period is worth millions!

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
sads 669

Here's a picture of this old man, so you know what I look like when you come to the cookout. I'm the old guy on the left.
This was taken after having breakfast with another treasure hunter before he passed over the bar.

Attachments

• DSCN0993.JPG
    DSCN0993.JPG
    470.5 KB · Views: 96

thetigers2

Apr 20, 2009
Homosassa,Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS & my good old eyes...Oh and my Mischievous Mermaid a helping...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope to join you on that hunt soon my friend this looks good.........Mike

OP
OP
SADS 669

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
sads 669

Here's a picture of this old man, so you know what I look like when you come to the cookout. I'm the old guy on the left.
This was taken after having breakfast with another treasure hunter before he passed over the bar.

Old man, are you sure your on the left, you look about a hundred, are you gonna be able to make it to the cookout? I can Bring A Bath Chair if you like ha ha. PS, thanks for the heads up on the beach dive, it's certainly in the ballpark of where I was, I do remember Coming Onto Occasional Kinds Of Underwater Trinkets like iron pins and bits of pottery, don't know how old though.....and that stuff was heading towards your location.....so on Tuesday I am off to shoot some more video......

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread