ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who are they sub contracting for in NC? and are they aware that since everyone has hyped it up to be the El Salvador that it is next in line to go down the same course as the Juno, and La Galga? Hence why NC is not issuing any new recovery permits unless the state gets 100% of the artifacts, a position that has been dictated to the Underwater Archaeology Branch from the State Attorney General.

If Woman Key is so hot why divert assets to a lesser paying gig? Especially if the big foreign deal is right around the corner, are they still committed to all the other projects? I'd say stick to one thing and get it right.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Brad,
Since it's public record, I can tell you that they are sub-contracting for Aqua Gems in N.C.. The rest, I'd get in trouble if I told you. I'll leave that to someone else.

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
old man said:
I own 2 million shares of his stock and I want the company to succeed.

I gotta ask, buddy - why not sell now if you think the company is headed for trouble?

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Three reasons. #1. I don't think the stock will go too much lower. #2. My stock is restricted half for 6 months the other half for 9 months. #3. I know something that I can't discuss, future contract wise, ( that hasn't been made pulbic) and I wouldn't sell now if I could. I am also going to tell you not to read into this and invest your money,thinking that you can make a fortune. There are other issues that I have raised on their blog and investors hub that still bother me, but when it is time to sell IMO I think the stock will be worth much more then it is now, unless a major negative occurs and that is a possiblilty IMO.

OP
OP
Rustys Mate

Rustys Mate

Apr 10, 2007
Philadelphia
I believe there were new contracts in NC. The old contract was strictly for aqua gems. The new contract includes Deep Blue Marine. The State gets 25% of the find. I do not know how the deal between Aqua Gems and Deep Blue as to how the rest is split. I do have one fear though, IF....they find proof that it is the El Salvador, can't Spain claim ownership and then all they bring up was a waste of time and money?

As far as the cruise ship deal,It is my understanding that Missionaries that speak every language possible will be tour guides representing Deep Blue. Currently there are no facilities on the Island. Deep Blue will provide tours and promote stock at the same time. I believe Wilf said that Deep Blue opened or is opening on the European Stock Exchange.

As far as the "Several Wrecks" at Woman Key: None of them are of any importance. They were rumored. There were however some areas of interest that Wilf does not just want to pack up and go without first making sure for himself that there is nothing there. "The Last Wreck"....This is the last permit. It's up to them to rule out all odds. I am behind his decision to scope every inch of his permitted area. He has one crew and his lesser 2 of 4 boats that will work the American sites, and another crew will work the "Out of the Country" site.

How do you get to this yahoo blog? can someone post a link?

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Rusty's Mate,
I have a question for you? Are the Mormon missionaries going to be on these cruise ships and if so, who is going to pay for them to take a free cruise ? I can't believe that the tours would be anywhere near the shipwreck sites, as the cruise ships are only in port for a day and the shipwreck sites are too far away to reach on a 1 day trip. Doesn't sound like a good business plan. Sounds more like he is trying to get in good with the Elders of his Church.

OP
OP
Rustys Mate

Rustys Mate

Apr 10, 2007
Philadelphia
actually, I think it was to get in good with the government. The missionaries will be funded by the mormon church as they will be doing missionary work as well. ( at least that is how I understood it) I really didnt pay as much attention as I should have because it didn't interest me and I was not feeling well. I kind of tuned into anything to do with treasure and ship wrecks and stock and tuned out what I was not interested in. Besides, he asked everyone to turn off their speaker phones and someone was rude enough to leave one on and it created an echo. When you aren't feeling well that is VERY annoying.

OP
OP
Rustys Mate

Rustys Mate

Apr 10, 2007
Philadelphia
And, by the way old man....you had a great idea and Wilf did speak of it. I think he said that if they do find something of interest at woman key that he would open a gift shop for tourists in the keys much like the Fishers.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
mikepiazza, I'll call you iron mike, because I've seen your strong intelligent posts somewhere else. I'll be happy to see it go to a quarter. It could go higher, if a certain person ( ah forget it, I could get in trouble)

OP
OP
Rustys Mate

Rustys Mate

Apr 10, 2007
Philadelphia
:-* I love you old man. LOL.

I just want to be part of the greatest adventure in treasure hunting and diving and have fun.

And I want to be the first to pop the bottle of champagne and christen my brother when his ship (wreck) comes in. (not affiliated with DPBM)

I just pray for DPBM so my own dreams can come true.

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just curious, do they have a boat that is seaworthy enough to take and work in a remote area out of the country? One that is able to be self sufficient and remain on station for any length of time, in whatever weather may come.

mikepiazza

Greenie
May 2, 2007
Florida Keys
NC Brad,
The Deep Scan is the closest boat to fit those requirements. If you go to their website and click on Ships you can see pics and copy of the out of water survey. It has since been slightly modified with a v-hull added to the bow. Wilf said they would buy a better boat if/when it's needed. I would guess that would be sometime after they announce the foreign contract. Hopefully he has enough money raised from this last dilution to buy a boat without having to sell more shares.

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That answers my question, (No). I can picture that boat in a 6 to 8 foot sea not lasting too long, water coming over the bow and right through the glass. Not to mention supporting a host of divers and equipment, fuel, water, spares, etc for more than a couple of days. I'm not trying to beat them up, I'm just looking at the practicality of things. The Deep Scan is a day boat meant for calm waters or not straying too far from them.

I wish them success, I hope they get their foreign project.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Brad, since the CEO already put this out, I think I'm safe in responding to that question. Capt. Billy is a very experienced boat Capt. . He is also a commercial fisherman. Capt. Billy's boat the Lady Laura is sea worthy and it is the boat that he took out for extended periods of time to fish with. I think this boat will make it down there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread