Deep Blue Blog closed?

Rustys Mate

Apr 10, 2007
Philadelphia
I received emails from many investors asking if I was able to get on the blog and the answer is no.
SALT LAKE CITY--(BUSINESS WIRE)----Deep Blue Marine (Pink Sheets: DPBM) is pleased to announce that on Tuesday, May 1, there will be a toll-free conference call for all investors and interested parties to talk to Wilf Blum, President and CEO of Deep Blue Marine. The call has been set up for 5:30 PM MDT and is limited to the first 25 callers. In order to participate on this toll-free call, you must dial 866-722-4740 at 5:30 PM MDT and enter the conference code 8249702 followed by the # sign. For further instructions and for more information, contact [email protected] as well as checking the weblog at www.alldeepblue.com/inthedeep.

Linda

OP
OP
Rustys Mate

Rustys Mate

Apr 10, 2007
Philadelphia
I just received this email from Randy:

Yup! You are banned because you are Ed's sister! JK LOL Actually you missed all the fun!! The website was hacked last night. When
you went to the main page a black screen came up and said "Your website has
been hacked" and there was a bunch of Arabic writing. We got rid of that and
got the main page back but it looks like the blog may be lost forever. Brad,
our techie, is trying to recover it but it doesn't look good. We may have to
start over.
Randy

OP
OP
Rustys Mate

Rustys Mate

Apr 10, 2007
Philadelphia
Ship wrecks it is. I was in on the conference call last night. Deep Blue has some pretty good plans in the process. They will not only continue to work the woman key site, they are sending divers to North Carolina this Summer to dive the site that Aqua Gems believes is the El Salvador. They hope to rule that in or out. They also plan to dive on another known wreck out of the country. That is a proven wreck and they can't release any more information until the final contracts are in place.

Now don't everyone throw tomatoes at me at once, but I suggested they contact Peg Leg and see about doing a display with their aqua pulse detector. Plus, they can see what everyone else is using. It never hurts to swap information.

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I would never throw a tomato, but I would suggest that your "techie" invest $100 and get himself a tape back up unit or simple CD burner....in todays day and age, there should never be a complete loss of data if you have SOME idea what you are doing.

Jason
(IS Manager for Pratt & Whitney Aerospace)

mikepiazza

Greenie
May 2, 2007
Florida Keys
I didn't hear the conference call last night but I did hear Wilf on MN1.com this afternoon. Weblog is still down on alldeepblue.com. Wilf did discuss the size of the permitted area at Woman Key and mentioned they felt there were five wrecks inside the area. He also mentioned the yet to be permitted sight wherever that happens to be.

The Woman Key permit takes in approx. 15 sq. miles.

OP
OP
Rustys Mate

Rustys Mate

Apr 10, 2007
Philadelphia
Actually, Wilf said to take an 8X10 piece of paper and at the top center (10 inch side at top) draw a line down the center of the page. Now draw an island to the left of the line at the top and a smaller island to the right. These represent Woman Key and Ballast key. Now, at the bottom is 5 miles away and to each side of the line, I believe he said 2500 ft each side is the area he has permitted.

mikepiazza

Greenie
May 2, 2007
Florida Keys
Rusty, Was that on the conference call? I could have swore on the MN1.com interview he said 15 sq. miles. I would doubt there are 5 wrecks of interest in five square miles. Is my hearing bad or did we hear two different interviews? Who knows, I'm more interested in the other sites anyway.

cephalopoder

Greenie
Nov 25, 2006
I was on the call last night too. I asked Wilf the first question of the night about that current state on on going projects. Did his cruise ship promotion thing really make sense to any one? Or how about the 75% of 50% lol. And why didn't he mention the radio show last night he was on today...I hope this new wreck deal go though ....

cephalopoder

Greenie
Nov 25, 2006
It was something about putting DPBM personel on morman cruse ships that could speak different languages to promote the stock. To behonest it sounded more like a vacation for DPBM crew. The 75/50 thing came about when I asked wilf what percentage DPBM got from the profits of each job. He said woman key was 75% of the find, north carolina was 50% of the find and the secrect new job was 75% of 50% in other words his fancy way of saying 37% LOL. There is another DPBM blog on yahoo groups if you type in DPBM in yahoo groups. It was started out of frustration from getting slammed by all the true blue bloggers.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Cephalopoder & Mikepiazza,

I don't know what Wilf had to say about the cruise ship, but I can tell you what I told him last year.
I told Wilf that with all the cruise ships pulling into Key West for the day, that I thought it would be a good idea to contract with the cruise ships that pull into Key West to take any of their passengers on day trips to see the old anchor and let them metal detect the area. I told Wilf to charge them a reasonable fee for the day and then give them a T-shirt that he should have made up and a replica coin.
I told him that the revenue that he generated from tourist dives, would greatly offset the cost to Deep Blue Marine. At the time he didn't seem very interested in the idea. That's the only thing I can think of.

mikeyb

May 1, 2007
Mike, I was on the call last night and the Cruise ship deal was the "unknown ship" is in a country that has just let cruise ships port there and he wants to set up a artifact shop there to sell items to the cruise ship passengers and possibly set one up in FL too. The take on this unknown ship's treasure for DPBM is 75% of 50%. That doesn't sound so great but, the 25% releaves us of having to build a conservatory in the country for the artifacts. Wilf also said that he believes the last signature (the presidents') should be obtained in the next week or two. He said this country is a dictatorship and the person he has getting the signature is very well respected and has had to take his time and handle this process with kid gloves. Wilf also said that he (wilf) had to go to this country and do some work for one of the "Generals" boat or something to gain favor very recently. So it sounds very positive and Wilf sounds cautiously very very optimistic that this contract will go though. He said finding this ship is like finding the Queen Mary. It's in low salt water so it is 60-70% intact. He said you can actually walk on the deck.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
mikeyb, If I were a betting man. I would bet you that the contract is not signed in the next 2 weeks, but it will be signed. So,what I am telling you is this, don't get alarmed after 2 weeks and you find the contract isn't signed.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
mikeyb, if you are the same mikeyb from Wilf's blog. I know that you've said that you've called him quite a few times. Right now, I am asking you very, very strongly to call him again. If he called that Countries leader a Dictator and this leaks back to that Countries Government, Wilf has probably lost that contract. I can tell you 100% that the leader of that Country is called a President and he was duly elected. Please tell MR. EGO, to keep to the point with his news releases before he blows the only good contract that he's close to getting. NO duly elected President likes to be called a Dictator. Wilf is not doing anything to help with comments like that. I would hate to see him repeat that statement in a press release.

So now you know, he isn't going to CUBA !!!

mikeyb

May 1, 2007
I have never said I have called or even spoken to Wilf...I have sent several emails to Randy, if that is what your are referring to...I see your point about the dictatorship thing, I can also tell that you are not a fan of Wilf's . Why did you miss the conference call? I hope you don't miss the next one and pose all your questions and issues directly to the man himself. Everyone had a chance to ask as many questions as they wanted the floor was open. They are planning to have a conference call every two to three weeks...I too have my own problems and issues and worries with DPBM, this is a very risky and speculative venture. The conference call was extremely helpful to hear things directly from the horses mouth. The call was recorded and will be transcribed. I am not sure how it will be disseminated.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
mikeyb, I didn't call because I have said, all there is to be said to Wilf. He doesn't listen to me or anyone of his ex-consultants, like Burt Webber and Jack Haskins. Wilf hates me for exposing the things I did on his blog. I own 2 million shares of his stock and I want the company to succeed. I still hope it does. I just wanted to correct everything that he said on the blog that were false statements. I believe in telling the good and the bad. I respect a person that is up front.
What you probably didn't know is that after I started telling the truth on his blog and elsewhere, I received a letter from his attorney, threateing me with a lawsuit, if I disclosed anything that I learned during my employment with him.( I had forgotten that I signed a non-disclosure half way thru my employment) . So anything that I say now, I respond to his press releases, which are public record.
Someone once said, that Wilf is a man of his word. I will tell you otherwise. Ask him about telling me, that if I showed him where to dive on cannons and showed them to him, what he would pay me, and if he did ?? Mikeyb, I don't hate him, I feel sorry for him. I won't go into detail, because I don't want to be sued, but as I told his attorney, the day I'm sued is the day I go to the SEC with everything I know.

mikeyb

May 1, 2007
Well I respect that...Let's move on and agree we do both want the same thing...Are you doing anything on your own now as far as diving? I'm certified and have been on several dives, my deepest was about 95ft. However, I cannot dive anylonger due to a nearly fatal boating accident in 2003 that left my back fused from L2 thru S1, with plates and screws on my pelvis and sacrum. I am just blessed to be able to walk. I had to retire early and am investing most of my money very conservatively, but some I allow my self to play with like with DPBM.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
mikeyb, yes I am staying occupied. I am Burt Webbers new Operations Manager. Burt just got back last night from the carribbean, where he is in the process of getting a salvage permit on a wreck. As soon as the permit is approved we will be off and running. In the mean time, I am involved in the process of obtaining the needed equipment. If you want to talk and I can answer any of your questions without violating Deep Blues non-disclosure, send me a PM and I will send you my e-mail address.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread