Smart move for right person

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Thanks for all the help. Don't need a horse farm. But I hear ya. Just need a new computer. Ha Ha Know of Snows book and know of new england divers. Snow visited these wreck sites. All the recorded wrecks you see around cape cod are recorded very well. It's the unknown wrecks that aren't recorded. And theirs as many unknown wrecks here as their is known wrecks here. Never mine rum runners and money smugglers,or shore robbers. So knowing the history and lay of the land helps alot. If things get any worst here. I'll want a game plan. Want to work not sit and get cob webs. Theirs wrecks to be had. Everything is worth something to someone these days. Our oceans are the furture.

Old man, I sent the cheque to your Panamanian address, I hope that's right?

Ps , need a dive slave for Georgia?
Sads669, we can always use more help in Ga. Aquanaut is putting the team together at the cookout. I have no problem with another good man on the team.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks for letting me know to buy him drinks at the cookout and not you, saved me a fortune no doubt!

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Sads669, the cookout should be your lucky weekend. Aquanaut doesn't drink anymore. ( he Doesn't drink any less either.) Just ask salvor6. About a galleon of Captain Morgan should do. lol.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Typical Submariner.........as soon as they see the sunshine they go all "go go eyed" and start drinking knee highs.....

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Don't worry, as I said they are so pleased to be in the sunshine, they are like little puppy dogs, it's only underwater they get a bit frisky.....

Hell fire I didn't know you were Airborne, we used to chase them all over creation just to see them crack......

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
lol, yeah I remember back in the 80's when we did a night parachute jump into Sherwood forest for an SF exercise with our European counter parts. The SAS chased the teams all over the Country side.
One of the few teams they couldn't find to interrogate in the E&E exercise, were us Americans.
I did like training with the SAS, I just never understood why we had to jump out of a balloon to get our British Jump Wings?

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ballon jumps are terrifying, if you can do a non slipstream jump you can do any jump. It takes real courage to go through the hole in the floor.....and go straight down

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ballon jumps are terrifying, if you can do a non slipstream jump you can do any jump. It takes real courage to go through the hole in the floor.....and go straight down

I second that...

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
They don`t. They just roll them out of the hole in the bottom of the balloon and then give them a warm pint when they land.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast

Attachments

• thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 161
OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend wrote three books on wrecks around here. Plus he dove all these wrecks and more. He put the wreck sites numbers in these books also. I was a commerical fisherman in this area for 30 years. Plus a inshore shellfish diver with over 2,000 hours. So i know or can get alot of wreck locations from my fishing family or my fishing friends. My relatives dad was a fisherman. His two boys were fisherman. One inshore lobster and the other was offshore. I think new england divers just hit the one big area that everyone else hits. The channel that had 10,000 ships a year go thu. Ships are on top of each other in that channel their. Everyone needs to stop following and searching in the same locations. Spend the time their and moe the whole lawn. Miss nothing. It's funny. People walk right over treasure and follow others leads. Like at the beach. People take their detectors down stairs at this beach and walk to the waters edge first. But no one checks at the bottom of the stairs where people stop and enjoy the veiw and lose lots. Something to think about.

OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lost my post. I've fished these waters for 30 years and my relitives have fished here their whole life. So i have or can get numbers on wrecks. I've also had over 2,000 hours of diving inshore. You want the out dated treasure books. Here is one for you which i know is good old info. A complete state map guide to lost, buried & sunken treasure. [United states Treasure atlas] vol ## Has like 10 vol.s with like 6 states in a vol. Cheep great info. Check out Atlas on ebay

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Frankie, thanks so much for getting us back on track, I do apologise for me teasing our Airborne friends in their high places.

As I said before if the law was different here in the Bahamas and I was trying for an investor I would simply go out, find something and then plaster it all over the site. If I didn't need an investor and I knew where stuff was, you would never hear my name again. Sad but true, publicity helps you so much............sometimes.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
lol, yeah I remember back in the 80's when we did a night parachute jump into Sherwood forest for an SF exercise with our European counter parts. The SAS chased the teams all over the Country side.
One of the few teams they couldn't find to interrogate in the E&E exercise, were us Americans.
I did like training with the SAS, I just never understood why we had to jump out of a balloon to get our British Jump Wings?

Old man, there is a very famous saying about our "American Military Friends" in the UK. " over paid, over sexed and over here" no wonder you couldn't be found if you were partaking of the Middle bit.

Oops sorry Frankie, ha ha.......a little entertainment might help your quest though...

Last edited:

ACduCE

Greenie
Nov 9, 2014
Mallorca
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If this guy is for real it's a great opportunity for somebody. Hell a fish guide where I live is $200 a day!!! I can't do the cold or i would be ringing him up right now and locking him in for the summer dive season.

OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for your Ideas and help. I have heard of these guys being around here years ago. Like 10 plus years ago. I know the area they were working. I see my good friend Don Ferris's books are on the site. From what Don has told me in the past. Sounded like no one wanted to pay him what he was worth. So he moved on??? Don is a real good trusted man and does a lot of research. I did start this searching wrecks years ago with a friend who has a side scan, air compressure , etc. But he goes back to the site and takes stuff for himself. This has been my dream for years and years. At my age, I would rather not do this if it means being unhappy doing it. I do this because I love it. I'll just do other things until my time is right. Thanks for your Help.

OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You like that wreck list! Well what the records say here is that between two cape town lies over 1000 shipwrecks. So within about a 20 mile area or less. Their lies 1000 recorded wrecks. That just the one area. I have been looking for my shipwreck map to post. You can put these wrecks end to end and they would go around the whole cape.

OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's funny. Everyone I talk to says that they didn't think Pirates came this far North. But one pirate ship here has already been found. Plus their is a area where like 10 money ships went down. Then on top of that in the same area. Pirate treasure has been found on the beaches their. Treasure has been uncoverd on land also in the same area. Capt Kid,William Avery,Samuel Belamy, john Qulch. What better place to get out of the way to hide.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks everyone for your Ideas and help. I have heard of these guys being around here years ago. Like 10 plus years ago. I know the area they were working. I see my good friend Don Ferris's books are on the site. From what Don has told me in the past. Sounded like no one wanted to pay him what he was worth. So he moved on??? Don is a real good trusted man and does a lot of research. I did start this searching wrecks years ago with a friend who has a side scan, air compressure , etc. But he goes back to the site and takes stuff for himself. This has been my dream for years and years. At my age, I would rather not do this if it means being unhappy doing it. I do this because I love it. I'll just do other things until my time is right. Thanks for your Help.

Frankie, in this day and age with so much scamming and dishonesty even the most honest individuals are treated as if they just got out of prison.

The only thing investors understand is hard recent evidence.....

Go get some......and shove it right up their......sorry. I meant place in carefully under their nose on their mahogany desk, which is probably the size of a small cruise ship.....

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread