frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anyone is interested and hasn't got their email. It's time for their yearly sign up. I Just got a email about this training course. In less than a month. You To can learn how to use one of these Babies. I've been after them to start up something down my way with woods hole and N.N.O.A. right here. If you haven't taken a look at the subs lately. They are coming a long way. They need to have the bigger model subs set up for recover of everything,but in a smaller sub. You can live on some of the one's they make. One is 1/3 windows in the front. Wow! These scientist get grants here. For the cost of the mother ship to be on site, plus the sub cost. It starts getting crazy money for little bottom time. Were starting to discover our oceans more and more now days. Theirs new medical stuff going on, heat vents and new finds every day. My friend has a contract to collect horse shoe craps for cancer research. Then they let them go afterwards. Being versatile is the future in one of theses. Could make a remake of{ Voyage to the bottom of the sea}. Ha Ha

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Frankie can you post a link to their web site?

OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sign up is now! tel. +31[0]858771583 [email protected] u-boatworx They have it all for pilot training. 2 day Intro 4 day supervised 6 day private 10 day chief state of the art c- explorer 3 exploring some of Malta's most beautiful wrecks. War ships ,airplanes and reefs. Panoramic view. You can live in some of the others and don't need a boat topside. Boy what a job. They pay you to do that. I'm in!!! I have problem with windows live mail. If you can't get this. You might have to just right it in. Best I can do unless you give me your email address and I'll forward it to you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't mine dumping my life savings into having a job like this. But I'm not getting any younger. Wonder if theirs a job placement program so I could get my investment back. Ha Ha U.S. sub's make a sub that travels like up to a 1000 miles. No need for the topside ship. They just need to make it more versatile and smaller. The cost of hiring a ship and sub is crazy money for the scientist here. With the world turning toward our oceans for new discovery's. This is the way to go. Boy the ground you could cover and things that are out their. You would think it would pay for itself if things were set up right. I've talked with these people. They have a list of people that might be looking for partners to split cost of sub. Something to look into if interested. If you sell a sub for them. You get like $50,000. Which I would Split with new owners!! Start selling BOY'S!!! Ha Ha

Last edited:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Wouldn't it be great to have a sub big and strong enough for deep dives, long voyages and the capability to retrieve treasures from ship wrecks without ever being seen, then haul the finds to a country where they could be sold or stored and there would be no worries of intervention from any Courts or claims by Spain??!! It is sad that such is needed in these times and I could really see why and how some salvagers would take the option if it was available.

Frank

Denarius

May 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wouldn't it be great to have a sub big and strong enough for deep dives, long voyages and the capability to retrieve treasures from ship wrecks without ever being seen, then haul the finds to a country where they could be sold or stored and there would be no worries of intervention from any Courts or claims by Spain??!! It is sad that such is needed in these times and I could really see why and how some salvagers would take the option if it was available.
I hear you. Wasn't it called the Nautilus? The darned thing is within reach. Sign me up.

Denarius

May 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Denarius, I know that at least 2 submariners will be at the cookout. Aquanaut is one of them. You might want to talk to them about life on a sub.
Yea, I don't know if I could handle life on a sub. It takes a special kind of person, and I mean that in a positive way. I've never tried it. Seems like it might be cool though.
I was just commenting on the romance of the thing. I read 20,000 leagues and I thought it was great. I've also read about other subs but I'm strictly an armchair enthusiast at the moment.
I was also commenting that with modern tech everything is becoming possible.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy they have some cool stuff. But I think they need to make a small affordable sub that can go by itself for up to say 400 miles without a top side boat. Plus be able to take strong tides .

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
But I think they need to make a small affordable sub that can go by itself for up to say 400 miles without a top side boat. Plus be able to take strong tides .
:) The words affordable and submarine are mutually exclusive unless affordable means 'around half a million'. The really hard part would be getting enough air and power to run the thing for 400 miles which would require submerged runs for a week at a time. Right after someone comes up with an affordable means of cracking power and air from seawater, everything changes.
In the meantime, on this planet, we have these guys: Small Personal Luxury Submarines | Triton Subs

OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U.S. subs make a sub that travels up to like a thousand miles. But it's to big. It does take a special person to want to do it. But it takes all kinds to make the world go round. Plus it's not all clear beautiful water like in the pictures. I think James Cameran owns one of these big subs. Has low hours on it. Ha Ha.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions