Any Interest in a confirmed site Out side US waters ??? Details at Cookout.

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Send a case to the cookout, you owe $34 on top of your generous$100

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would anyone find and dig up a silver bar then re bury it and never go back to get it?

OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Why would anyone find and dig up a silver bar then re bury it and never go back to get it?
Fisheye, That's an easy one to answer. In my opinion. An Intelligent Treasure Hunter who wanted to get a permit and salvage the silver legally. Would rebury the bar and try and get a salvage permit. ( Especially since some other gringo land treasure hunters were reported to have dug up a chest of silver coins about 10 years earlier. Our local contacts told us that the gringos dug up the chest on the beach and the local fishermen reported them to authorities and the gringos were taken into custody and the silver was taken away from them. )

Why would anyone that wanted to salvage the silver legally, want to take a chance on getting caught and getting kicked out of the Country?)
A Pirate may take that chance, but someone that wanted to get a permit would not take that route.

In response to why no one went back? Simple answer. The Island is now a National Park. It is unknown if the water surrounding the Island is protected. However, even someone that wants to salvage a wreck in Florida knows that salvage work is not cheap. Doing it in another Country would cost even more, if it could be done legally at all. I spoke to David Horan ( Key West Admiralty Attorney .) about this wreck a few years ago. He knew some prominent people in that Country and thought a permit could be obtained.

I hope that answers your question ?

Or was the bar really reburied? The guy that is going to post the picture of the Bell will find out at the Cookout.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
"Any Interest in a confirmed site Out side US waters ??? Details at Cookout."

Geez, Ed.
That's kind of like asking at the Cookout -"Anyone want free beer?" The ones to mistrust are the ones that say no.
:)
ropesfish, Free beer at the cookout. Wow, I'll be there and bring a bottle of Johnnie Walker. You are right of course. I'll rely on Aquanut to tell me who he thinks is trustworthy and who is not. Although that probably won't weed out some scam artists.

I also think like John does. It's time for treasure hunters to ban together, instead of working against each other. One other thing I should mention. Exact details of gps numbers will not be given out on any site. I believe that an Adventure should be put together and once everyone is together near the site and non disclosures have been signed. Then and only then will the X be marked on the map.
I am not a greedy person and I think some wrecks should be shared, before too many restrictions are put on treasure hunters, that only Pirates will be left to dive on wrecks.

Just my opinion and I've been wrong before.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
From what I can gather there are enough " good guys" who know each other that can form a " Band of Brothers" at the cookout for projects and anyone else will have to be invited for not too secret stuff to prove themselves.

A bit like Kip Wagner putting his team on a wreck that he knew was only going to produce the odd coin or wedge, but they didn't know that.

I for one applaud anyone trying for a " getting together", especially if there is a discussion about maybe talking someone like Aquanut ( who everyone knows and trusts) into controlling a fund that needy treasure hunters can be helped with!!.....like he already did this year...Bravo

OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
From what I can gather there are enough " good guys" who know each other that can form a " Band of Brothers" at the cookout for projects and anyone else will have to be invited for not too secret stuff to prove themselves.

A bit like Kip Wagner putting his team on a wreck that he knew was only going to produce the odd coin or wedge, but they didn't know that.

I for one applaud anyone trying for a " getting together", especially if there is a discussion about maybe talking someone like Aquanut ( who everyone knows and trusts) into controlling a fund that needy treasure hunters can be helped with!!.....like he already did this year...Bravo
Sads 669, I like your idea about a Band of Brothers. We just need to expand beyond guys that jumped out of a Balloon. Whenever we planned a mission in the old days and were in isolation. We had an expert in every field. I suggest we have at least one submariner and guys that are experts in side scan, mag, divers and top side help, researchers and conservation people. Just a suggestion. Plus the all important part, someone with a boat.

Attachments

• 23455.jpg
    23455.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 113
  • Snapshot 28 (1-21-2013 3-08 PM).png
    Snapshot 28 (1-21-2013 3-08 PM).png
    89.3 KB · Views: 90
  • DSCN0991.JPG
    DSCN0991.JPG
    438.8 KB · Views: 85

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You always need grunts too....ha ha

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1428687336.749064.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Sads669, just got off the phone with my son. He's stationed in Ga. He's another submariner. He's going to meet me at the cookout.
I think us airborne guys are going to out numbered by those submarine guys.
He also lives on Amelia Island, so he will be a good point of contact for the snags up there.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
As soon as the sun comes out they will dodge it and run indoors, don't worry too much.......

Last edited:

captbilly

Nov 1, 2007
Samana
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse,Garrett
Sads 669, I like your idea about a Band of Brothers. We just need to expand beyond guys that jumped out of a Balloon. Whenever we planned a mission in the old days and were in isolation. We had an expert in every field. I suggest we have at least one submariner and guys that are experts in side scan, mag, divers and top side help, researchers and conservation people. Just a suggestion. Plus the all important part, someone with a boat.

Well Ed i got that "all important part" Boat, gear, and one hell of a seasoned crew. All dressed up with nowhere to go.
:BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions