News on Nassau Hunters??

theGOLD

Dec 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
JW Fisher 8x
Long time no talks guys! Ive been out of country for a while now... Hey has anyone heard what is going on with Bahamas permits nowadays? I've heard through the grapevine that a few people have been hunting legally there now in the last little while. Any knowledge on developments? Elections just happened, and we have a new majority gov. so if anyone has "ties" to the government, they aren't going to be worth much now.

OP
OP
theGOLD

theGOLD

Dec 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
JW Fisher 8x
Yeah Christie (the previous prime minister, cant remember how to spell his name) is out now and whats his name is in. This new govt. is good though. They have a better plan for the future and they are more receptive to outsiders working and living in the Bahamas. It would be strange that the new prime minister would kick everyone out. Did they ever let everyone back in? I know that a group was working on the Maravillas again. I know a Bahamian girl that is on the film team that is documenting it. I know they got their permit directly from Christie.
Anybody heard anything though on whether there was any official reissueing of permits that started? Or started and then stopped immediately as Old man said?

Perhaps it was just that Christie was allowing individuals to hunt and then when the newgov came in recently they are stopping the hunting??

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
the Gold, I received a call from Key West that stated that the Fishers were kicked off their site by the new Government. That's all I know. I probably won't be in Key west for another week or so to see Kim to see what happened. Anyone else hear the same thing???

abacopirate

Jan 18, 2006
Abaco, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
whites,excaliber,pulsestar2
From what I was told they never did have a permit that anyone saw. Just the former PM's permission to search.

Attachments

• treasurehunting004.jpg
    treasurehunting004.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 579
OP
OP
theGOLD

theGOLD

Dec 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
JW Fisher 8x
Hey scotty,

Not aware of any big changes. I believe the moratorium is still in full force, but that the PLP that was in power before was simply allowing the PM to issue "personal" certificates to go and engage in searching and stuff. Its all still just a grey area to be honest.

badbrains

Apr 24, 2007
Detector(s) used
surfmaster pi pro
hey guys,

out of curiosity. is hogsty reef under bahamian jurisdiction?

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread