treasure coast conditions, 4-24-2015

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, all. I am anchored in Melbourne and will be passing by the Treasure Coast tomorrow on a passage to Miami. I could burn a day or two if the beach conditions are not TERRIBLE. Can any of you locals give me an idea if there is a snowballs chance in hell of finding something over the next couple of days? Thanks in advance.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last Sunday conditions at Wabasso and turtle trail were horrible!!
You never know for sure until you go! Might be able to meet up with you if you like? Someone like gator boy could put you in some real good spots.

chuck.

OP
OP
J

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, seeker41, as of now it looks light Faber Cove in Fort Pierce tommorow. I would love to buy you a brew if possible. Give mr a call at 843 -575-1593 if you can be in the vicinity.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't go today!! Maybe tomorrow?

Chuck.

OP
OP
J

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No worries, Chuck. After reading the Treasure beaches blog I think I won't bother even trying to hit the beaches right now. I am in the process of moving and hope to be able to be in the area more often in the future.

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I wish they'd just let the beach be a beach and quit trying to make it into a damned amusement park. I find walking the "renourished" beaches more like walking in mud than on sand. I keep thinking it may be a plot to bury the remainder of the 1715 beachside treasure under a few more feet of crappy dredge sand.
Jolly Mon - where you moving to? Is the Treasure Coast going to be home to another treasure hunter?

OP
OP
J

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am moving to the Coconut Grove area of Miami, Ropes. Close enough to head up to the Treasure Coast when conditions warrant. I figure living a couple of miles from Cape Florida is a pretty good area for someone interested in shipwrecks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread