Polly L

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Gosh DiverLynn I bet it sucks being you! ;D

If you guys need a janitor, cook, endentured servant, slave, etc., I'm your man!!! ;D

Congrats on living the dream....good luck to you and your venture.

Pcola

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
We will be moving the Polly L into Ft. Pierce Inlet for fuel on Thursday. I will be taking one of the skiffs in to Sabastian early and coming by land in my truck. If any of you are in the area let me know. It will take the Polly L about 8 hours to make the trip.

Diverlynn

Rustys Mate

Apr 10, 2007
Philadelphia
Hey Lynn,
Better late than never! Don't worry what those people say about Ya and alittle fun. When U lose Your sense of humor, U lose Yourself. I work a few different jobs and I am losing everything. Why? Because I lost my sense of humor. If we didN't have these forums to vent and ask questions and have fun.....what would we have when we got home....other than our kids and some good cooking, and love and my mates good farts???? (Typical Woman.) I now have my evenings home with my mate and we are back to where WE started. But if you get anymore flack...You can always park your flippers under MY roof! :) ;)
Rusty Sailor

Rusty Sailor

Feb 26, 2007
Hey Girl,
The above was from me. I was under my better half. Got an idea ;D I thiiiiiiink we have plans for October. Can we get hitched on the POLLY L? WE are planning upon getting married in OCTOBER.

billinstuart

Oct 17, 2004
stuart..the treasure coast..well, used to be
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur with a WOT!
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Diverlynn..since you are in Martin County..I can show you a 50' ships keel I found 2 years ago after a hurricane, if anyone is interested. All the framing, stem and stern, washed up on the beach. It was bolted together, so probably 1800's.

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
The Polly L will be heading south today to work with Seahunter for a while...Great minds think alike
Came across this old article some of you might like. It is still a possibility in the future.

Diverlynn

Outside Magazine May 2004

Hotel Oceana
An innovative dive outfitter lays plans to build a futuristic platform resort—right next to the reef
By Mark Schrope

The allure of scuba diving far from shore has always been offset by the requisite marathon boat ride and double dose of Dramamine. But this spring, a Florida treasure-hunting outfit, Amelia Research & Recovery, began inviting charter groups to its new $1.8 million offshore base camp—built on a rig known as a lift boat. Long used by the oil industry, these vessels create sturdy platforms in up to 500 feet of water. From the Polly L, as the aqua-lodge is called, divers can explore wrecks and reefs dozens of miles from the coast, sans commute. By mid-2005, Amelia plans to launch a $3.5 million deluxe lift boat (illustrated below) designed exclusively for hosting tourists on dive spots from the Keys to the Caribbean. Here's a look at a splashy new kind of inn.

>>The 2005 resort, like the Polly L, will essentially be a barge with legs. After motoring it to a sandy spot near a dive site, the captain will activate hydraulics that drive the legs down until they hit bottom and the vessel rises above the water. It can sleep 60 and, with an onboard desalinization plant, stay offshore for up to nine months, requiring only biweekly food deliveries. Garbage will be ferried to shore, and sewage will be biologically processed, then filtered, with only sterilized water released into the ocean.

(1) Twenty standard, wedge- shaped rooms will be offered on deck three, for $300 per night. All will have access to a wraparound balcony, Web connections, Private bathrooms, and connectable twin beds (to get cozy with your dive buddy). Four luxury suites—with gas fireplaces, DVD players, and wet bars—will be on deck four, priced at $600 to $800 per night.

(2) Après-dive amenities on deck two will include a pub-style room with pool tables, arcade games, and a digital theater (3). Half of deck four will house three tiki bars, each with its own musical theme: country, top 40, and "island fare." The rest of the slab will be for open-air sunbathing.

(4) The bottom level will include a full-service dive shop and, for daytime scuba classes, a 10-by-20-foot heated pool (5), which will morph into a hot tub for nighttime parties. A classroom for pre-dive briefings and training lectures will sit adjacent to the theater on deck two.

(6) Kayaks and four 26-foot diesel-powered launches will be available for fishing, dive-site explorations, and, when in range, trips to shore.

We have a large, much more detailed illustration on board, will see if doug has the photo on his computer

Diverlynn

(illustration by Steve Stankiewicz)

Attachments

• scuba_platform.gif
    scuba_platform.gif
    34.9 KB · Views: 673

Skimmer

Nov 2, 2006
Dell...Jeeze
"I see 55 intact chests of gold..." WHERE? In
your Cheerios? Lordy, dude, you've had an apparently wonderful adventure filled life as evidenced by your posted pics... why make people think you're "losing it"??? I bet you're a nice guy, and if I knew you I'd be happy to call you friend. But, enough with the, ahem, psychic babble.
Mike

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Dell Winders said:
I see Polly L has moved to another position at Jupiter Inlet. Good move. Looks like you are "Going for the Gold".

I count 55 intact chests of Gold, and a lot of broken and scattered chests of Gold. I wish I was there. I wish you every success. Dell

I am afraid that I must agree with SKIMMER to a point.
With 55 intact chest of Gold to be found in the GENERAL area I wonder why NO ONE has come forward and offered Dell a per cent.
Hell if I had a working boat I sure would.
What does anyone have to lose except for a few hours of searching and they are going to spend this time looking anyway.
Push come to shove the Polly-L is on location RIGHT NOW. There are divers availble RIGHT NOW.
The problems here appears to be Mental meaning that there are those in higher places that just will not accept the possibilty that others may just have the KEY to locating items of extreme interest through Mental prowness.
Until you try it what do you have to lose except maybe MILLIONS and MILLIONS of DOLLARS.
Later
Peg Leg

Skimmer

Nov 2, 2006
Hi Peg-
So happy to see you back, you had us worried.
TIA's are not something to ignore...make sure you follow Doctor's orders and take your meds, OK?
Ischemia in the brain is nothing to mess with, it'll wreak havok\\\\\\\\.......'nuff said. Anyway, I wanted to tell you and anyone interested: I've been working all this summer chasing down "Dowsed"
points that my investor (read; diesel fuel financier" has provided me...I'm out there on site (1715 scatter patterns)./....workin my butt off, and fanning up anything that beeps in deep dark holes. Here he is, (the "money" guy) callin on the cell phone about every 15 minutes.tellin me "oh, there's 18 pounds of gold 20 feet to your south"
No kidding...thats how my days have been going.
Can you blame me for being impatient with Dell?
Mike

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Skimmer said:
Hi Peg-
So happy to see you back, you had us worried.
TIA's are not something to ignore...make sure you follow Doctor's orders and take your meds, OK?
Ischemia in the brain is nothing to mess with, it'll wreak havok\\\\\\\\.......'nuff said. Anyway, I wanted to tell you and anyone interested: I've been working all this summer chasing down "Dowsed"
points that my investor (read; diesel fuel financier" has provided me...I'm out there on site (1715 scatter patterns)./....workin my butt off, and fanning up anything that beeps in deep dark holes. Here he is, (the "money" guy) callin on the cell phone about every 15 minutes.tellin me "oh, there's 18 pounds of gold 20 feet to your south"
No kidding...thats how my days have been going.
Can you blame me for being impatient with Dell?

Skimmer,
I can understand why you get upset.
I suggest that you ask your FUEL INVESTOR to ask his DOWSER to show PROFF that he can actually dowse. I bet he cannot show a single thing.
Remember this -NOT ALL THAT CLAIM TO BE ABLE TO DOWSE CAN ACTUALLY DOWSE. ThE bad part of this is when you do find a few gold coins NO MATTER where you found them the DOWSER will claim that he gave you the position and believe me IT GETS WORSE FROM THERE ON.
pEG LEG
Mike

riobravo

Apr 2, 2006
south texas to the east coast
hi lynn,
saw the ship in the cut going for a run the other day, were back, better late than never, weather's got me penned in, are you on board still, like to come by for a visit, got the little mag boat in so its easy to mobe , or if yall' need anything im at riverside marina.
give me a buzz.......................

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
PALM BEACH COUNTY,FLORIDA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Lynn
We miss having you guys down here with us. Here are a couple of shots of you guys leaving and one of the binoculars you found.
Seahunter

Attachments

• Polly L finds 022.jpg
    Polly L finds 022.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 252
  • 9-15 -07 046.jpg
    9-15 -07 046.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 236
  • 9-15 -07 058 (2).jpg
    9-15 -07 058 (2).jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 244
  • 9-15 -07 059.jpg
    9-15 -07 059.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 252
  • 9-15 -07 060.jpg
    9-15 -07 060.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 243

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Hi Scott,
Hey, we MISS being there! Looks like the next 60-90 days are not going to be much fun. No shorts, no tank tops and we must wear leather shoes. Can I come work for you for as while???
Thanks for sending the photos, will be updating the web site today if time allows. Joe's taking off til the 18th so guess who will be doing most of the cooking... >:(
We are still in the port in Ft. Pierce due to the weather so I will probably head home tomorrow for a few days.
Are you still interested in the mask? Let me know, we could use the room that they take up.

Diverlynn

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread