Finding shallow water ( less than 100ft) shipwrecks with google earth, BS or not?

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you use fractals rather than pixels ...this is enlarged once using fractals to 3600x4000 pixels with no color shift. It's 300 dpi approximately 12x13 inches.
I was only giving the pixels after enlarging, began using a cropped pic (cropping as I went), so width went in inches (5, 7, 9, 12). The shift here used, it was a saturation rather than a shift, bit to the red to give a Kadachrome effect. Remember the old Kadachrome and Etctachrome color slide film? The difference on Etactachrome, the balance went to the green giving more a natural or clean look (rather than poster or magazine cover).

When enlarging from very small size images, I like to do it in small steps, because some of them don't go over a certain size. This photo was very good quality even though a small size image.

On the old color film enlargements, the larger size prints the colors darkened. As I go in steps to enlarge, when things work out to use -6 brightness along with +12 contrast to give the darkening effect. Here went in 1 step to 300 resolution 3600 x 3999 or 12 x 13.330 inches, plain the red, last photo is more darkening and cropped.

Attachments

• brightness-contrast.jpg
    brightness-contrast.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 63
  • portraite1LG.jpg
    portraite1LG.jpg
    808.9 KB · Views: 66
  • portraite1LGR.jpg
    portraite1LGR.jpg
    830.8 KB · Views: 63
  • portraite1LGR2.jpg
    portraite1LGR2.jpg
    798.4 KB · Views: 64
  • portraite1LGR2crop.jpg
    portraite1LGR2crop.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is lacking is that potrait photographers will use a large lens opening to soften the lines, hides the blemishes. To make the soft lens appearance, my Paint Shop Pro has what is called blur and blur more. Here only once with blur to soften on this cropped section.

Attachments

• portraite1LGR2cropsoft.jpg
    portraite1LGR2cropsoft.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 62

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread