delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Re: ship wreakage found---on little talbot island,fla

I found this on google earth- looks like a bow sticking out just above the sand. Measures approximately 20-25 feet across. Is this it?

Attachments

• ship.jpg
    ship.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 1,044

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006

If you really want to tke a good look trythe following.
NASA WHIRLWIND 1.3.5.
You can see everything but it will take a steady hand.
You get so close you can almost see the fish on he bottom ;D
1,000 times better than Google Earth.
Let me know what you think.
PEG LEG

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

hard to tell from this angle saw it in normal flat "in person" veiw---there is wreckage is "on the beach & more just off shore" --- my veiw point was not overhead. Ivan

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

The LandSat 7 only gets to a 15 meter resolution, and is several years older than Google Earth imagry. (At least in the St. Pete area)

Or, am I missing something, some update somewhere, or did I grab the wrong program? I went to the NASA site and downloaded NASA World Wind 1.4. Is that basically the same thing your talking about?

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006

I have no idea.
I use 1.3.5 but have not use it for a couple of weeks.
I was about to pick out a number of blow holes around a reef with not problems.
Will try later.
PEG LEG

JvilleHunter

Jun 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Equinox 800

Ivan...can you tell me how to get there?

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

yep ---little talbot state park---go in the gate --(cost $4 bucks--ouch)---head to the parking lot---its about mid island--- park--walk to the beach head north (upwards) on the beach about 3/4 to 1 mile---watch the water line area you can't miss it---this "part" of the park is "no" detectors so just "eyeball" the wreackage & area :o good luck Ivan

PyrateJim

Nov 28, 2004
Sterling Hts., MI.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Sea Hunter mark II

I just downloaded the Wind World 4 version. It has nothing on google earth. It runs slow, displays off-set at times and has nowhere near the clarity from google earth on zoom.

Does anyone know if you buy the upgrade on google earth if the magnigfication is any better/higher?

Dont mean to hi-jack thread. Figured since it was already mentioned here,............

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006

I use to use NASA Whirlwind 1.3.5 and got great vis.
I was able to locate what I thought were blow holes near a reef but one was way to big. The rest looked like the surface of Mars and they were all on the Eastern side of the reef.
Now I am unable to get to it-have no idea why not.
Since this is in a State Park can you check it out and MD the area?
Peg Leg

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

look yes ---md no ---the wreckage is in the northern part of the little talbot park ($4 fee to enter) sadly ---the northern part is a "no" md zone---so eyeballs only--- ::) the wreck is easy to see and find ---the recent wave action has uncovered it and you can see it for now at least.-------the park is an aquatic preserve area.

diamondstar

Mar 1, 2005
Chicago
Detector(s) used
DFX

I just downloaded the latest and greatest whirl wind 4, sorry but no good, google earth is much better!

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006

Hard to believe but NASA has improved ::) :( their whirlwind 4 to where it really sucks.With the old system 1.3.5 I was able to reach 10 feet below the water and in some places much deeper.
Peg Leg

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

I've been using both WorldWind and Google Earth for quite a while...google has better resolution, but WorldWind will give you better GPS coords, Google is always a little off.

Don, the reason your blow holes are gone is because that land sat image has been updated. They upgrade them fairly regularly, probably at least once a year in most cases.

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006

Does this mean that they went and covered up the blow holes ;D?
I was able to see a lot more with the old system than the new system.
Yes you can see more STREETS SIGNS but I gave up working the streets a long time ago.
I found a possible wreck site south of Jupiter Inlet but with the new system it is no longer visible.
With the 1.3.5 system I WAS GETTING REALLY DEEP VIEWS and was able to locate things that no longer appear.
OH WELL.
PEG LEG

PyrateJim

Nov 28, 2004
Sterling Hts., MI.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Sea Hunter mark II

I tried downloading the 1.3.5 version and it wouldnt let me. Took me straight to the 4. version. >:(

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat

I still have 1.3.5 and I like it. Haven't seen the 4 version. The different layers can be a big help, especially the 1m ortho. Best resolution I can get on most of the forests in Oregon.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

If some really nice person would post a couple of pictures of the wreck it would be very much appreciated. I can't get to see it personally, so a photo would be great.

Does anyone know what wreck it is?

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

old wreck possibly spanish---it is of the old burnt hole and peg & dowel type construction--so it is quite old----sorry I didn't have my camera on me at the time or there would be lots of photo's---the lower hull & bottom area was uncovered when some of the big storms ran thru the area. stripping sand from the beaches ---the storms uncovered lots of stuff that has not seen daylight in many years----Ivan

Sorroque

Jan 5, 2007
Canaberal de Ayzm
Detector(s) used
GMHCX3

NASA whirlwind
For those who have WINDOWS XPx64 look here!

Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 3; Windows 98; Windows 98 Second Edition; Windows ME; Windows Server 2003; Windows Vista Business; Windows Vista Business 64-bit edition; Windows Vista Enterprise; Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit edition; Windows Vista Home Basic; Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit edition; Windows Vista Home Premium; Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition; Windows Vista Starter; Windows Vista Ultimate; Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition; Windows XP Service Pack 2

Supports Windows 98, Me,and original XP. Those of us who went XPx64 to prepare for the 64bit computing are eXcluded.

I changed the picture. I had a DVD Zorro on it.Copyright thing.

Attachments

• TopSide.jpg
    TopSide.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 528
  • TopSide.jpg
    TopSide.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 525

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread