Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Here's your coordinates for shipwreck gold in the UK

49-52-176 N, 006-25-519 W

The Schiller was lost off the Isles of Scilly in 1875 with 40 barrels of gold specie. 39 were recovered the next year. The salvage is covered in a book you can get for cheap on Amazon...

schiller.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/Victorian-Titanic-Loss-Schiller-1875/dp/184114133X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431399944&sr=8-1&keywords=schiller+titanic

I have been in contact with a diver there who shared this with me...

The one last remaining barrel, containing around 400 coins, broke open and the contents got lost in the wreck. Over the years divers have found around a 100 of these loose coins. I found just a few and my brother got a couple too but they are not easy to find as the wreck is in a very poor condition- rather like a solid lump of iron concretion buried under huge boulders and coins and bits like these- are all trapped within it. However the big winter storms here sometimes release the wrecks grip a little and stuff pops out occasionally. You just got make the effort to get out there and hope to be lucky. Anything this wreck gives up is a bonus- the Retarrier reef is a b******d of a place to dive!

Hopefully,there's some guys or gals here that can make use of this and find some gold. The coord comes from a diver who shared it on a forum. Have fun!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread