1715 ~ 2015 300th Year Events on the Treasure Coast

captbonnie

Jan 22, 2007
Vero Beach FL
Detector(s) used
AQ1B
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Here is a link to the Indian River County Library Flyer about library events in July.
Authors, book-signings, lectures, art and displays featuring the 1715 Spanish Plate Fleet - education, awareness, and respect.

Indian River County Library 1715

A calendar of events may be found on the 1715 Fleet Society website.

Please post more!

(I am very proud to have been asked to participate at the library on July 31th with a lecture on the Gold Pelican of the 1715 Fleet and on July 29th with a Children's Program)

Last edited:

TreasureCDave

Jun 5, 2015
Florida Treasure Coast
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Looking forward to all the festivities of the week. Looks like your gig will be at the same time as the Symposium at the Vero Museum of Art ... Dang!

OP
OP
captbonnie

captbonnie

Jan 22, 2007
Vero Beach FL
Detector(s) used
AQ1B
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Here is another event the Vero Beach Pirate Fest. Glad to see Vero Beach is joining in the remembrance of the 1715 Fleet. The celebration of piracy is odd since the Fleet would have been trying to AVOID pirates and the treasure on our shores is not pirate treasure, but Spanish heritage. Well I know pirates are popular so all you pirate fans enjoy your celebration but do not forget the history of the 1715! Hurricanes and pirates spoiled many a voyage.

Vero Beach Pirate Fest

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks for posting this info, Bonnie. I plan on attending all the events if possible.

OP
OP
captbonnie

captbonnie

Jan 22, 2007
Vero Beach FL
Detector(s) used
AQ1B
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The Venture Crew 1715 will be hosting an event at the Valkaria Airport Saturday July 25th. The Venture Crew is made up of young Scouts - both guys and gals - focused on water sports, history and aviation.
Supporting their event will be support for the remembrance of the Fleet and for their activities. Robert Marx speaks on Saturday morning and Mel Fisher's Treasures will be participating.
More details on speakers as I have them.
VENTURE CREW 1715

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking forward to it I will be there on Friday my mother will also have paintings hanging there.
... The pirate thing is kind of odd if you ask me :-)

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
OP
OP
captbonnie

captbonnie

Jan 22, 2007
Vero Beach FL
Detector(s) used
AQ1B
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Sir Robert Marx at Florida Institute of Technology, July 28th at 6:30 pm. (Gleason Performing Arts Building)
Lecture open to the public on the 1715 Fleet - 300th Year Anniversary

Robert Marx FIT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions